1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please close this thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hottoni

hottoni Member

i tried everything step by step without skipping anything on the guide but ehen it reaches the preloader menu it says uidnt find any "hacks.ini" neither on FAT nor n nand!co when the hacks were right in the roots of th Sd card and yes after backing up the nand on the sd card i used the same sd card for the hacking of backup discs. would that be a problem u think?

2. hottoni

hottoni Member

i tried both the hacks.ini files after renaming em but still get the same thing the prloader is installed and im getting the preloader menu but im just unable to go to system hacks to alter them it gives me the error uidn't find any "hacks.ini" on Fat neither on NAND!co when they are already in the sd card root.
    PLiz tell me how can i get this working as im eager to try my imported games on the system.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes you can do a Backup of the NAND if you installed Bootmii prior to the hack.

Make sure your on 4.1 firmware and using the proper region hacks.ini file.

Try renaming the hacks.ini to just hacks (drop the .ini).

Also if your using a SDHC SD card then this could be the reason. try using a non-SDHC SD card.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  4. hottoni

hottoni Member

HI Larry, sorry to bug u all the time.Thanks for the quick replies u gave me.
    I tried naming it just hacks and it worked fine and after i did the system menu hacks settings although i didnt enable any region hacks when i returned to the system menu my system just shows up black with a tiny 4.1(USA) and the bottom right.I can access the USA discs but not the UK or backup discs and since i cannot go to the system menu i mean home menu i cannot even access the sd card.
    Any Idea where i screwed it up.What can i do to rectify this flaw?

5. hottoni

hottoni Member

after updating to firmware 4.1 i even did the downgrades and all necessary steps.I guess i messed it at the settin .PLiz lemme know if theres a way out of that black screen and pliz tell me what setting to enable so i dont screw it up again.i basically wanna play uk pal games and ntsc both and also the downloaded ones.pliz help me.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Are you still stuck on the Black screen with 4.1U in the corner?

If so can you hold reset down and turn on the system to get into preloader?

7. robnyr

robnyr Member

i followed the instructions and everytime i try to launch the game from the disc channel it says an error has occurred. press the eject button etc

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Start again and make sure everything is installed properly. Do not skip a step.

9. robnyr

robnyr Member

do i have to uninstall anything or just redo the steps that i did

10. hottoni

hottoni Member

thanx a lot Larry Got it finally woring this post is really amazing but theres only one teenie weenie problem i cant play pal games from U.K any suggestion n how to get it working.
    I really appreciate ur good work and ur quick responses all the tiime.
    Ur really a good help to the wii maniacs.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just do it over. No need to uninstall anything.

Try using NeoGamma or use games that are the same region as your system.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  12. robnyr

robnyr Member

works fine now, thanks. just to be sure, it wont work through the disc channel if it is a pal version of the game correct?

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You caould always try running Preloader then go to hacks and enable Region Free Wii Discs or Force Disc Region_1 to see if that works.

14. Gh0ce

Gh0ce Member

I could be wrong, but as long as you don't have a LU64+ wii you should be able to use the disc channel (just install cioscorp)...

15. iam_kenny

iam_kenny Member

Hey Larry, Thanks for this really great guide.

But there is a problem, after following your guide, someone in my family put a real wii game in to the game system. Now the when i open the wii, the screen is black and i cant do anything. I really need your help....

Thanks a bunch...

16. Gh0ce

Gh0ce Member

Sounds like somebody ran an update from a real wii game. My advice: load up preloader (hold reset as you power it on), get into the homebrew channel and reinstall following this guide (as this guide will replace all ios's and thus you should be able to boot again). Or, if that takes too long or you want a different option, presuming you installed bootmii as a boot2, and you made a NAND backup after following this guide, you should be able to load up bootmii and restore your NAND.
    Good luck and post your results and method followed (again, assuming you follow one of these 2 methods).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.