Please Help!!! Internet doesn't work

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ken_919, Mar 28, 2005.

1. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

My brother deleted the folder CxtPls on my computer, there were two files in that folder. After deleting that folder, I tried to go on the internet, but it wasn't working. So I ran Registry Mechanic and that fixed the problem. Now I was able to go on the internet. Today, I deleted my Internet History, Files, and Cookies. After doing this, I was not able to get on the internet. Ran Registry Mechanic but didn't find any problems. Is the problem with the CxtPls folder or something else? Also, do I have to do something to the folder of LocalServer32 in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B5AB638F-D76C-41....} I am able to go on the internet on my laptop (wireless connection) but not able to go on the internet on both of my desktops. Does anyone know what to do?

2. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

I finally got my internet working again:)

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what did you do to fix it?

4. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

All I did was I unplugged my internet cable from computer and then restarted computer into safe mode. Then I ran Registry Cleaner which found 4 problems and fixed them. After that, I restarted computer in normal mode and then ten minutes later, I came back and plugged in internet cable and clicked on the internet and it was working. That was it.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

good for you, teach & learn