1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me figure out where this piece belongs...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by kleinishe, Jan 14, 2008.

1. kleinishe

kleinishe Member

I disassembled my Wii yesterday in order to do the Internal Gecko Mod to my Wii. While I was opening it, sometime shortly after I removed the plastic cooling tunnel with it's metal pieces above the heat sink I tipped the Wii motherboard section to get a screw out and a random piece I did not notice fell out/off. I believe it was before I removed the metal bottom above the logic board, but am not 100% positive.

I have searched all over the internet and carefully looked over every disassembly guide that I can find for a glimpse of this piece but I cannot find it anywhere - even in all the video demonstrations as well. I have tried to rebuild it but I cannot find any obvious uneven place the piece might belong. Since I am not a professional modder I do not have access to another Wii that I can disassemble and look at as a reference so I am asking you all for help. I have attached two pictures with the mysterious item circled so that you all might be able to recognize it and help me out. If you do recognize it, maybe to make it easier for you, you could grab a picture from the Popular Science Wii teardown pictures and circle where it belongs.

I know this is a lot to ask but if any of you all might be able to help me I would be *incredibly* appreciative. Thank you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kleinishe

kleinishe Member

3. CheezCube

CheezCube Newbie

I don't mean to bump a thread that has been inactive for years, but I am having the same issue that you had. The link that you provided with the answer doesn't work anymore so I was wondering if you could help me out. It would be greatly appreciated!

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

In the picture there's a fan .Between where the fan wires go in & the orange piece to the left (ethernet port ?),there appears to be a recess with what looks like a screw hole either side,the piece that's circled looks exactly the same size & fit.

The picture is really lousy i'd say if the circled piece was turned around (so bottom is top & vice versa) it would plug in to what appears to be the female part of the wii,then the main plastic piece goes over the top