please help me!!!!!!! i cant even burn xbox games!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xxHAZExx, Sep 25, 2005.

1. xxHAZExx

xxHAZExx Guest

ok im such a noob in computers and stuff like that can some buddy just tell me how to burn an xbox game in the simplest terms as possible please! ok and i hava my xbox moded and i have no idea wat ftp means or any weird words so use simple words.yes i do have my xbox moded and i have unleashed x. thanks for taking ur time to help me.

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

First off, FTP (File Transfer Protocol). It's basically a way to transfer files between devices locally or across the internet. In your case, locally.

I know you said simple but your question was too basic and there are a lot of ways both FTP & Xbox backups can be done.

FTP: Can be done over a network with a router or with a direct connection
    Network w/Router: An ethernet cable (straight through) LAN cable will be needed to connect your xbox to the router
    Direct Connection: A crossover cable will be needed to connect your xbox to your PC

There is a tutorial I made on How to FTP...It's in my signature w/pics and should help you in that area of setup

Burning Games:
    Once you have an FTP connection established and working there are a couple of ways you can get an xbox game to your PC and have it successfully back'd up.

If you're using EvoX:
    Install a program called Craxtion on your PC/Laptop. You can actually put an xbox game in your xbox drive, access it through Craxtion and put the files to be backed up on your PC.

If you're using AvaL:
    Install a program called Qwix on your PC. Through it, you can access the games saved on your xbox hdd. You can turn the game files into an .iso (disc image) which is very easy to burn with a program like NERO or DVD Decrypter.

Now, what you should post is what type of networking capabilities you have if any. Also, what type of game files you have...are they on your xbox hdd already, do you have .iso of games on your PC, etc...

The more info, the better any of us can help you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2005
  3. xxHAZExx

xxHAZExx Guest

unique u sound so smart...if u have aim can i talk to u there cause i have alot of questions and i kind off understood ftp but my mod is weird it would be awsome if i can chat with u my screen name is purple haze corp. thanks man i appreaciate it.

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

5. xxHAZExx

xxHAZExx Guest

most of my games when i try to burn on my xbox it says erorr 112 i dont think its low space cause i have no games on my xbox maybe i have a bad soft mod but i have no idea so i dont know how i could conect my xbox to pc and take game from xbox and i dont have a router thing that lets me conect them. if i can talk to u on aim i can tell u way more my screen name is purple haze corp

6. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Also are u trying to burn with a mac or pc?? I can guide u through both setups. Just make sure u have a DVD Burner in one of your computers and some blank DVD-R, DVD-RW's . Also make sure u can FTP and get yourself and Xiso creator and also patch the deafult.xbe file. I would suggest Unleashx as ur dash to do this. I know ur saying to yourslef WTF is he talking bout....well its simple u are going to need a dash board on ur box whether it be evox, avalaunch, unleashx, etc. U will need to put one on there...i'm not going to tell u how not becsue i'm mean but because there are SOOOO many tutorialds out there and it isn't rocket science. In order to get the dashboards u are also going to have to know how to get stuff off of the xbins server.......AGAIN SEARCH THE FORUMS FOR XBINS TUTORIALS. Once you have aquired the dash baord u must FTP it to ur C drive and rename the deafult.xbe file to whatever your settings need you to rename it to for me it is unleashx.xbe. Then u should have ur dash up and running. alright then you must disable the auto launch games in your settings and insert the disk u want then FTP to ur D drive. Extract all the files off of the disk and then copy the DEAFULT.XBE file on the disk to ur HD.....some where that u will find it. Alright now get on your box loctae the Xbe file and patch it.......THIS IS FOR UNLEASHX AS UR DASH it is different for others. Once patched replace it with the one in you game folder.....now make an xiso of the file directory of the game. Once the iso is created burn that as an iso disk image to a blank DVD. AND THERE IS UR COPIED GAME. I know this isn't entirly thorough and seems alot more complicated than it is but if u ever need any help feel free to IM me my screen name is: akspud93 !!!:)

7. xxHAZExx

xxHAZExx Guest

holy crap its like ur trying to tell me something but im just too dumb to understand it ok first of all im new born(for this xbox computer stuff) i have no idea how to iso,ftp,intallanything on my xbox,etc. but i do have a mod with unleash x for dash board but most of the time i try to put a game on my xbox hd it says error 112

8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Do you have a hard mod or a softmod

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Do you have MSN I could help you on that.

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@xxHAZExx[/bold]

Thanks man. Sorry, I only have MSN Messenger. Besides, if we get your issues solved here it can benefit the entire site. No offense.

Earlier you said
    That's not necessarily true. I'm assuming you have your original xbox hdd and a softmod since you have UnleashX. If so, it would be natural for you to get that error (no space) because there is very little space available with a stock hdd. I don't think you can bust 4gigs. There is a way to free up another 2 gigs (give or take) but let's get you creating backups first.

Do you have EvolutionX on your xbox as well as UnleashX. If so, go ahead and download Craxtion. You will be able to make backups once you get FTPing down by use of that program and EvoX.

11. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

What game are you trying to copy.
    @uniique 1 If he is getting probs with coping game to xbox HDD through the xbox coudnt he FTP to his PC then save it in his Games folder on the E: drive?

12. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@akspud93[/bold]
    Hey man, I'm was looking out for you the other time I said something to you in a thread about the "Pimpin' of other WebSites" in your sig; better a member get you to fix it than a mod BAN you, right?

NOT COOL...you should fix it. :(

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@abuzar1[/bold]
    DING DING DING!!!!
    You hit that one on the head!
    Here's the thing though, he doesn't know how to FTP yet, he very new to the entire process.
    Once we get him FTPing, then we've got other options to get him on track

[bold]@xxHAZExx[/bold]
    Just don't get frustrated...there are a lot of brains working within this site...we'll get you up to speed. ;)

14. xxHAZExx

xxHAZExx Guest

ok i have msn its vaiscoolbutnciscooler@hotmail.com , any way how can i install a new hd on my xbox can somebody tell me in easy terms

15. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@xxHAZExx
    Hey man, you might wanna delete your email out of the forum...it's against the rules. For your own protection really, Spammers will eat that up. ;)

16. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Hey man yeah sorry bout my sig.....its not that i don't mean to be discrediting to your site its just that i reffernce them a lot and it beats posting new links every time. I'll chnage it.

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Do you want to FTP or install a new HDD?

18. XbOxOwNeR

XbOxOwNeR Guest

i am trying to backup my halo 2 and midnight club 3...i successfully backed up halo 1 today..i didnt need to patch anything though..this time, i also didnt patch anything but the game doesnt work..i have Evolution X Dashboard. please help

19. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Well u need to patch it then. IDK how to do it with evolution X but i would get UnleashX to patch deaflt.xbe its very simple. I'm sure someone can tell u how to do it with evolution x but idk how but i'm positive that u need to patch it in order for it to work.

20. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@akspud93
    No problem man. Thanks for changing it and trying to flame me for pointing it out.

@XbOxOwNeR
    You can patch an .xbe file by using a Craxtion. It's a very simple process. Just click Patch .xbe and navigate thru the game folder to the correct file (default.xbe). Done.
    Get Craxtion here and the necessary files to run the program: http://www.craxtion.com/?c=2