1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[please help]Wiikey & Wiiclip v3

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by killercow, Oct 10, 2008.

1. killercow

killercow Guest

I installed, the clip yesterday, and when i put in the disk config, or the wiikey update disk it says Cannot read disk, i also tried buying some new DVDs, but that didnt work, i also, reinstalled the clip, but still the same thing happened, what am i doing wrong, or could it be that me Wiikey or Clip is defective, i purchased it a Modchipcentral, Please any help would be nice

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What chipset does the DVD drive have?

Is the pins on the chipset cut?

3. killercow

killercow Guest

i didnt see any pins cut, its D2B US wii,

4. killercow

killercow Guest

Anyone Please i need help

5. killercow

killercow Guest

I REALLY NEED HELP

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Could be a defective Wiikey or Wiiclip. Could be a bad install. Could be a bad soldering job between Wiikey and Wiicklip. Hard to say if we don't have it in front of us.

7. killercow

killercow Guest

How can i tell if any of those are defective?

8. scorp8006

scorp8006 Member

I thought the same thing (had mine in for 2 days now). I needed to use the padded versions of the firmware, and setup disks. You can find them in the best n00b thread (IMO) http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/597460

When burning the .ISO make sure they are 1.4 gigs or so.

Make sure you are using -r disks

Hope this helps.

9. killercow

killercow Guest

Thanks will try

10. Monself

Monself Member

I have the same problem, I have wiikey & wiiclip V3 I installed it thought it would be easy to just burn ISO games and bam! but this driving me crazy, how do I know if the problem is with wiiclip or dvd's or burner, I tried everything posible, used different dvd', reinstalled the wiiclip and changed the speed of burnning also switched from nero to imgburn but no luck, the only thing that Im not sure of is that I updated the wii with wiiclip installed I dont know if that will make any different, any help I'll appreciated.

11. scorp8006

scorp8006 Member

Have you updated the Wii chip's software yet? Make sure you get the 1.9s padded version from Here . Also (you probably tried this by now but JIC) make sure your DVDs are -R. This will come up as a GameCube game (hopefully you have a GC controller, soooo much simpler.) If you can get this disk to work you know your chip is fine. If not you may want to take it apart one last time and make sure you applied enough pressure to get the clip flush with the board.

I took mine apart 3 times to check and really found out it is a simple install and all it took was the upgrade disk.

Hope this helps.

Oh and make sure you read the above link's main post completely, it really is a great tool....

12. Monself

Monself Member

thank you for your response, Im all new to this, I never actually opened any electronic and modded it, this is my first time. I will open the wii tomorrow and make sure I apply more pressure on the modship to make sure it all the way in, sorry for the noob question but please can you tell me when I download the wiikey 1.9 firmaware update from my computer how can I apply it to the wii that hooked on TV? also just to be in the safe side this my actual wii clip that I bought, Thank you for your help.

[​IMG]

13. Monself

Monself Member

Oh also please what disk you said if its work then the chip is fine, I missed that in my 1st reply, thank you again.

14. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Thats the ACTUAL thing you bought? Because that picture is just the clip. It doesn't have a wiikey attached to it yet. If the one you got does have the chip then sorry for the stupid question, but if yours looks like that then that's your problem.

If, as I'm hoping, you do have a wiikey attached to that clip, then you can update it by following the guide here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/597460

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  15. Monself

Monself Member

thank you for your fast response, yes I do have the wiikey, I couldnt find the smallest image with the wiikey attached to the wiiclip, I bought already put together.

16. scorp8006

scorp8006 Member

Also, to be on the safe side.. Don't apply TOO much pressure. Just enough to make it flush with the board when released (it is ok if there is a TINY gap. Just be careful not to crack the board.

17. Monself

Monself Member

I just opened my wii and took out the wiiclip v3, So I read in my wii chip and I found that is GC2-D2C, I will feel so stupid if the wiiclip v3 doesnt work with D2C, if that the case which one should I buy? thank you guys this great Forum.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  18. scorp8006

scorp8006 Member

Sounds like the wrong one for sure. Also are any of your pins cut? If so that will make a difference too.

Wii Clip Comparison Table, find out which one you need for your chip & console

Wii Clip Version Chip(s) Chipset
    Wii Clip V1 D2CKey / D2CPro D2C
    Wii Clip V2 Argon D2C/D2C2
    Wii Clip V3 WiiKey D2B/DMS
    Wii Clip V4 D2Pro (15 or 19 wires only) D2C
    Wii Clip V4C D2Pro (9 Wires) D2B/DMS/D2C/D2C2
    Wii Clip V5 Wasabi D2B/DMS/D2C/D2C2
    Key Clip Wiikey built in inc programmer D2B/DMS

19. Monself

Monself Member

how do I know if there pins cut? can I take a picture and post it here for you to tell please?

20. scorp8006

scorp8006 Member

Look at the chip that you placed the wiiclip on and see if any appear to be cut, or if they look to be solid.