1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[please help]Wiikey & Wiiclip v3

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by killercow, Oct 10, 2008.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You have a modchip compatibility issue. The Wiikey is not compatible with D2C drives. So you will need to get a compatible Modchip and since you need to do that you will need a new WiiClip since the 1 you have is only compatible with Wiikey modchips.

A few compatible modchips are D2Pro9 ver2 or Wiikey 2. Compatible WiiClips will be V4C for D2Pro9 and V14 WiiClip2 for Wiikey 2.

You should have no cut pins since it is a D2C. I think only D2B chipsets had the pins cut.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  2. Monself

Monself Member

thank you guys for all the help, I just contacted the seller where I bought the wiiclip and hopefully they will tell me to send it back and replace it with the new one, I just read in their return policy some negative stuff so hopefully I dont have to try to sell this one.
    I wanna get the Solderless D2Ckey or D2CPro. any one know of a place where to buy cheaper in case they dont replace the one I have?
    when I get new modchip I will report back. till then the wii will stay unscrewed for now.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

D2CKey and D2CPro are first gen D2C modchips and are not upgradeable. I would recommend the D2Pro9 or Wiikey 2 which are upgradeable. HERE is a site that sells them (Modchip & WiiClip) as a package.

4. Monself

Monself Member

upgradable means you can install new firmaware right? also can you privide me with the firmware link for this two with instructions how to upgrade, thank you so much again for your patience , this will be my last question till I get the new modship.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can download the Modchip update at:

for D2Pro go to http://www.d2pro.com/

For Wiikey 2 go to http://www.wiikey.cn/

6. Monself

Monself Member

Thank you for your quick responses, I really appreciate your help in this Forum.

7. scorp8006

scorp8006 Member

I bought mine V3 on Ioffer for 35 shipped, you may want to check that out too (like ebay but not :)

G/L!

8. Dito025

Dito025 Member

Hi,

I just bought a wii-clip v3 with a wiikey 2 (pre-soldered). When I clip it onto the D2C chip and turn on my wii (the chip facing towards the center of the board), the mod chip flashes red-blue-red-blue and turns off however when I try to place any disc into my drive, it won't pull it in. Is there a reason why?

I've read on other forums that you should hear a click when placing the clip on and push it in pretty firmly while having it pretty flushed. I've tried it quite a few times but the same thing happens. I bought my chip from modchip.ca... it seems real.

Thanks

9. Monself

Monself Member

hi everyone, Thanks to you all I was able to get the d2pro 9 and worked in the 1st attempt without any problems, the distributors where I got from were able to replace the wrong one with the d2pro 9, I just had to add the different, if I knew about the site provided in here I would've bought it cheaper $64 but oh well, as long as its working great I dont mind that I paid some extra money.
    So far 90% of the games that i downloaded worked great, but I had a couple of them that I had the screen of death with some writing in it and I had to pull the power cable out in order to reboot the wii, is that has something to do with the wii firmware update? or maybe the wii games were damaged? also please can anyone instruct me in how to upgrade the firmware for d2pro 9 step by step.
    this is where I bought my modchip that I bought so u know which one Im using http://www.modchipoutlet.com/d2prowclip.htm

thank you for all your help.