1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with 99.9% problem, really frustrating

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by JPenge, Oct 16, 2006.

1. JPenge

JPenge Member

My download is stuck at 99.9% and I can't figure out what to do about it. Would really appreciate if someone could help.

It says 99.9% Progress and 256k Remaining but even though it still downloads nothing happens. It never gets finished. Please help.

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hi,

Stop the torrent, right click "force start".

Re-start the torrent client and then continue the download, it should achieve connection & prodede.

3. JPenge

JPenge Member

4. rav009

rav009 Active member

Your welcome, I hope it works & its not just a stuborn torrent.

5. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

I had this problem. Often its some jokers that upload torrents and make sure it stops at 99.9% - just to be annoying.

6. rav009

rav009 Active member

^

I doubt that, its possible, but if your on a reputable tracker, they won't risk there account like that, so its your fault for downloading from crappy trackers, harsh but true.

7. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

Ye true but often when ur downloading from crappy trackers thats what it is.

8. JPenge

JPenge Member

Well I went back to the download but there is no force start option in bitcomet, so I can't force start it. And it's still stuck at 99.9%. I've left it on for ages but it's just downloading rubbish. :(

9. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

stop the torrent. Delete the .torrent, but not the associated files.

Redownload the .torrent.

Restart.

Problem Fixt.

If that doesn't work, delete 1 associated file, one of the .rar's, and restart.

~Melee

10. JPenge

JPenge Member

Thanks for your help, but it's still no go. Downloaded the torrent again, but bitcomet still wouldn't get all of it. And then I deleted one of the files, a small one and all that happened is it redownloaded that file and got stuck at 99.9% again. The download is supposed to be 782 mb, but now that it's stuck at 99.9% and the download shows 801mb in the folder. The time keeps fluctuating between 31 and 34 secs with 512mb left to download. Is there anything I can do to the mdf file that's 801mb to fix it?

11. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

man i feel 4ya I downloaded a file it was 6.7gb and i really wanted it and it stopped at 99.9% - its just one of those s**t torrents.

12. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

JPenge: Try these two methods

1. Use a different client to "resume" the download. Make sure it's resuming and not downloading a totally fresh version!

2. Try burning or mounting the .mdf, it may be just a tracker error that makes you "download" more than the actual file size.

If that doesn't work I recommend you give up and grab another torrent.

13. JPenge

JPenge Member

The bloody thing won't mount and whenever I try to download using something else it starts from zero all over again. And I've been copying the downloaded files and putting them in the right place. I just don't get it. I'm about to give up on it. I don't think I'm going to use bitcomet anymore. It happens too much with bitcomet. I'm switching to utorrent or Azureus. I don't know, but this might have something to do with the fact that I blocked Bitcomet from accessing my email during downloads. I just didn't like the idea of it doing that and didn't see why it had to. Other P2Ps don't do it as far as I know. Since I blocked it accessing email I've had these 99.9% problems. Oh well, Bitcomet to the trash then.

Anyway, thanks people for all trying to help. Only wish something had worked.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  14. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I would definitely take utorrent over Azureus. Az used to be the greatest client, but after a few updates utorrent has taken over the mantle. =D

15. free2kid

free2kid Member

its not aobut torrent client I used Azureus and it will still hang, Its all a joke people like to mess with others same reason that people make viruses same reason they make this. Who knows maybe its police that is messing it up. sending fakes and fake pieces

16. JPenge

JPenge Member

I think you're wrong about that. I'm convinced now that it is the client you use that causes these problems. And I'll tell you why. I kept the download that I had that hung at 99.9% and recently after messing with utorrent and getting used to using it, I started it downloading the one that was stuck in bitcomet. I'd been putting it in the wrong folder before for utorrent, thought I had it right though. This time it downloaded the rest of it. So the person who said to use a different client to get the rest of the download was right after all. I'm convinced now that bitcomet is the cause of most of these problems and it has something to do with its sneeky email business. I'm sticking to utorrent from now on.