please help with internet connection...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by joselepiu, Feb 8, 2009.

1. joselepiu

joselepiu Member

ok, here is my question: I use aol dial-up internet connection and I been using ie 6 and recently downloaded firefox and installed, but it takes a lot longer than ie 6 to load the pages its that normal for a dial-up connection?...
    so I need to know what is better and faster to use: ie6, ie7, firefox, chrome or what it would really help me if you guys can advice me on which one I should use... also if there is any hacks to the modem or settings that it would make it faster...
    I had a comp some years back and with a dial-up modem and I found out a tip on how to hack it, I did and it really helped but know that comp its in the comp heaven... any advice it would really help me to maintain my head in its place…

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

1. Make sure you’re logged in as Administrator
    2. Navigate to START>Run and type: gpedit.msc
    3. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Network > QOS Packet Scheduler
    4. In the right window, double-click the limit reservable bandwidth setting
    5. On the setting tab, check the enabled setting.
    6. Where it says “Bandwidth limit %”, change it to read 0 or less of a percentage)
    7. Click OK, close gpedit.msc

Given it's dialup you might not notice a big difference.

3. vballstud

vballstud Guest

FYI... this is probably posted in the wrong section. Probably belongs in the Computer section of the forum.