Pllllllzzzzzz help got folder problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Makus, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Makus

Makus Guest

Ok the only reason I am asking this qustion on here is cuz I have always got a good anwser from you guys at afterdawn.com Here it is I have some type of bug that it made a bunch of folders in side a folder. So if i wanted to open the folder i would have to click it then another folder the exact same would apper then i click that and exact same folder is in there and soooo on. on a couple of them i have tried to delete them but i get an error message "Cannot delete file : Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name" All of this happend at random some of my folders do it and some dont. If you have any clue what i am talking about plz help me

Thanks
    Makus

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

sounds like possibly spyware of worm

probably some kind of exploit - someones program is playing a game

try download BPS SpyWare Adware Remover

http://www.bulletproofsoft.com

should solve yo problem

3. Phys

Phys Member

Go in "execute" and type in "regedit"

Press F3 (search button) and type in the name of the folder.

Erase everything you see which has this name.. Press F3 until it says "Search Completed" or something.

By the way, be careful when in regedit.. Don't erase something you aren't sure about.

4. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Phys, huh?

actually in most systems its goto

start > Run > regedit

but thats not the issue, what u on about?

huh? - this is true, but he says it happens with a lot of his folders, he may want them dude

dont delete the folders in the regedit Makus

see - a bug, it wont work if he deletes anything he finds to do with it in the registry

5. Phys

Phys Member

I didn't read the part about all folders. If there was one folder only, he could have done this and it would have worked.

Yeah i wrote "execute" instead of "run" because i have windows Xp French Editition.