PLU2 Hi-Scan 128v DVD Player ?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ETX2, Sep 17, 2003.

1. ETX2

ETX2 Member

Been looking at this player on ebay which is selling for £85.00. This is to replace my Toshiba SD-2109 which will only plays a couple of formats.
    Was wondering if this is a good player as cannot really find much info about it.
    Thanks.

2. jonnydoe.

jonnydoe. Member

Where on ebay I can't find? Can you give me a link or something or have they all sold already..

I would definitely buy this player if you want to play dvd-r hassle free. Oriphus knows a lot more about it so might be worthwhile asking him for more info :)

3. ETX2

ETX2 Member

Thanks for answering,as you said there is no link on ebay as the auction ended on the 17 sep.
    It was a buy it now so had to pay the full price of around £85 + postage. From what you have said it seems like its a good player and that is what I was after.
    thanks again.

4. jonnydoe.

jonnydoe. Member

OK, Does anyone know where I can buy this player?? I have money waiting lol

5. ETX2

ETX2 Member

Sorry do not have any on ebay at the moment
    their site is http://www.selectronica.de
    you can email and I am sure they will answer
    auctions@playtra.de.
    By the way have not really tried the player as yet as still trying to suss out whats the best prog to encode svcd however tried a couple and it plays no prob.
    Good luck

6. davron

davron Guest

to all you punters out there thinking of buying a plu2 128v progressive scan dvd,what are you waiting for.this manchine will deliver the goods what-ever you put in it,picture and sound are stunning,the manchine itself is a delight,buy this dvd player today,its the only one you will ever need.

7. BrianF

BrianF Member

Hi-Scan128 is much better than my last muli region DVD Player and well worth the money, as it plays all formats. The player is actualy made by Ellion Digital Inc as the model DVD-520A/560A. See http://www.elliondigital.com

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  8. ETX2

ETX2 Member

Got mine the other day and am very pleased with it so far. Good picture, sound and good connections at the back also my amp, vid etc are all black and black dvd's are a rare thing but they have them in black and silver
    Has played all I have thrown at it so far.
    In case anyone is interested they are on sale at ebay again, 4 days left at £80.

9. ciboz

ciboz Member

hi,
    i just bought a plu2 128v progressive scan dvd player does anyone know how i can make it multi- region? plays region 2 fine but when i put a region one in it just comes up as saying wrong region. have mailed the seller from ebay but aint had any joy getting a reply

thx for any help u can give me guys

Ciboz

10. ciboz

ciboz Member

hey guys just to let u know that i've found the 128v region hack:-

PLU2 HI-SCAN 128V
    1. Remove the disk from the tray and close the tray.
    2. Enter 77 on the remote control followed by 0 for code free operation, 1 for US DVDs, 2 for european DVDs or any other valid region code you like.
    3. The player now plays back DVDs with the selected region code

for any other plu2 hacks i found the support page for it after trawling through the german stuff lol
    http://www.playtra.de/codefree/

Ciboz

11. suchard

suchard Member

I am quite happy with the 128v if there was a solution to the following probs it would be near perfect:

if I burned a 800MB movie to a 700MB disc using mode2 the player stops the movie after, as it seems to me, a certain quantum of bytes.
    e.g. if the movie that was burned the way described above is of 90mins length the player stops after ~ 76mins. if the movie was ~110 the player stops after ~93mins. so on.

when playing xVCDs I can't make the countdown disappear using the display tab on the RC

the player intends to make clicking noises

all this only affects xVCD playback.
    so is there a firmware upgrade out by now??

thx

12. jonnydoe.

jonnydoe. Member

OK, I received my plu2 the other day, plugged it in scarted to tv and pressed play...

Quality is appalling compared with my samsung s224 , in fact compared with any other dvd player ive seen!?!? Cant scart through sky digital otherwise picture is even worse! Its all setup correctly on menus: pal, rgb etc just quality is really grainy???

Is this a faulty player or is it supposed to be this bad quality?

A pissed off JD :((

13. ETX2

ETX2 Member

Mine is fine not grainy at all in fact I think the picture is very good.Might be worth trying a different scart lead just in case, also try it on a different TV as that way you will be sure if its faulty or not.

14. jonnydoe.

jonnydoe. Member

Yeah but my samsung plays perfectly using same scart and tv?!? I'm sure it's not supposed to be this grainy..

15. ETX2

ETX2 Member

See what you are saying but that is what I personally would do so I know for sure that it is faulty. In fact a mate of mine was getting sound and no picture on his DVD player, he changed the scart and all was sorted. Give it a try as you have nothing to lose.