plz help (backing up xbox games)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nipple, May 14, 2005.

1. nipple

nipple Guest

ok ive red all of the forums about backing up xbox games and im still not successful (i am doing this all legally but atm im just trying to get it working). Ive burnt onto Laser DVD-R 4x,2x and 1x speed, this brand has been successful on 2 of my friends xbox's. I burn off the same machine as my friend Jacob they work on his xbox but not on mine, another friend (jeremy) has the same burner n uses the laser dvds n they work on my xbox and also work on jacobs, but jeremy lives 2 far away to keep burning them at his house. i have a samsung drive the jacob the phillips and im not sure wat drive jeremy has. ive wasted alot of dvds trying this. ive burnt with alcohol 120%, nero 6, used craxtion4,gnugdfimage maker,and afew others. ive tried burning them as UDF and ISO's.also converting them from one to the other format. I need this because my younger brother scratches my games :-{ plz help

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

So Jeremy and Jacob are your good friends, well that is good to know!

This problem obvsiously winds down to your samsung drive in your Xbox. Either the laser does not read backups worth a crap (which mine did not so I got a new drive) or it doesn't like the media you are using. Try using something like Sony, TDK, Ritek, or Taiyo Yuden media, and you could always try going to +r media to see if that works.

3. nipple

nipple Guest

yer i have been able to play afew burnt games that Jeremy was unable to play on his xbox but it was with a different brand of dvd-r, im not sure wat they were but they were every 1 in 20! so it was really unreliable, and some of the other games would start the freeze at the menus. I thought that the samsung was the best drive? how much did your new drive cost? and like i said earlier my other friend jeremy burnt them with the same burner and same blanks as i have been and they work on my machine. really annoying any other suggestions?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Newer Samsung drives are not even close as good as the first samsung drives put in Xbox's. I had a newer one, late 2004 and up, and I just ordered another one off of eBay for $100 and sold mine to a friend who was getting dirty disc errors on his drive for $50.

Try experimenting with different types of media before you get a new drive though.