Portable DVD Issues

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by jburden78, Aug 27, 2006.

1. jburden78

jburden78 Regular member

I bought a Portable AStar PD-3010 DVD Player, mainly for my wife to use, because the old one was too small, ...oh yeah and it didn't work anymore. I haven't heard her complain about the new one, but when I went to use it today, It won't play any of my Backed up DVD's. It seems to play the originals fine. And the copies work fine on my other DVD players.

I use Verbatim Lightscribe Discs', converting them to DVD-Rom, not making the file size any larger than 4300mb. Burning speed is never above half the Rate Speed. And I don't multitask when processing.

I've been doing this for a while now, and I belive I am doing things correctly. I'm thinking that the issue is with DVD Player, which states in the specs that it supports +R/RW as well as -R/RW.

Could someone respond back, just so I know if you all agree with me, or not.

Thanks,
    JBurden

2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

if it's been one year return and get a new one.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

some players are picky to what it wants to play. If it says it plays +R media then it should and Verbatim LightScribe media is top notch...... so it has to be the player!