1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Your Bad Media Experiences Here

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by vurbal, Oct 9, 2004.

1. chinick

chinick Guest

UPDATE

Today I contacted the Maxell representative and talk about the problem I got with the spindle I bought recently. This person asked me to go his office for an exchange. He gave me a new set and I do test the media with three different softwares (1Click DVD Copy, Solid Avi to DVD Burner and Nero). Tests were positive.
    The only I noticed is that these discs now read 8X and also read DVD+R Video. The others read 16X (although I tried to burn at 4X.)

Thanks for the comments and advices I read here in this forum.

2. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

chinick..The only problem with +s is if U don't have a burner to do Bitsetting. They might not play on some Players, now with the -s U don't have that problem

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I haven't purchased a -R in many years as I always booktype and all my burners are capable of bitsetting...old habits die hard.

Maxell outsources to many manufacturers and unless you know what to look for you'll likely get a different MID with every spindle.

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

LOCOENG..Nothing wrong with old habits, as long as U can Booktype..I bought a new Sony Burner, unfortunately they do not booktype. It was to late 4 Discs shot to hell. So anyway I changed the firmware to Lite-On, Now it does.. But I'm like U ONLY With the minus, but always QUALITY Discs, Tys,Ritek..Not Ridata, and definitely not Verbs-I've had to many bad experiences with them.. A friend of mine just bought 100 from SAMS, about half way through the spindle had 10 failures in a row. That really increases the cost factor, I just don't trust VERBS