Potatoe guns

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by need_for, Jun 9, 2005.

1. need_for

need_for Guest

i built a potatoe gun and i have a 2 foot by 3inch diameter combustion chambre and im wondering are u just suppose to give it a little spray of hair spray or wat, any one know

Thankz

2. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

The potato gun that I made, I had a screw on cap on the end and sprayed hair spray inside and screwed back on the cap and pushed the ignitor button and then boom.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

"potatoe"? who are you, Dan Quayle (sp? LOL!). seriously, though...potato guns rule. hair spray will work nicely, but so does aerosol bug spray :)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  4. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

If its flamable then yes(not sure tho as hav never made one).

5. smfsmusic

smfsmusic Guest

I use either (starting fluid). It is highly combustable and gives the potato added flight time.

6. ecknight

ecknight Regular member

lol something i know something about

i have built several of these great guns the bulk of them have 6" x 12" chambers and 1 and a half inch barrels bout 3 feet long and a coleman lantern flint spark kit as an igniter and we use either or starting fluid as the propelent best thing is grade small eggs rattle down the barrel so pack two paper towels in there drop the egg then another towel and u have a mobile egg laucher back on track me and my bro built one out of 6" gas line pipe and a inch and half barrel and welded it together using a gas grill igniter and a lawnmower sparkplug as the igniter this one will hold about a 4 to 5 second shot of acedline ( dont think i spelled this right but its the stuff u use in a cutting torch) this gun will launch a tater like 250 yards flatline

7. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I must know more about this toy. Any web links?

-Del

8. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah. How much cost?

9. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

Here's one link on how to make one: http://platinumchromatography.com/potato.htm

It doesn't cost that much, all you really need is pvc pipes and some kind of ignitor (I used ignitor from grill). Probably will cost around $20 for all the parts, depending where you buy the stuff and where you live.