1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price Range?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by HaloSnipa, May 12, 2005.

1. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

If anybody finds any information or already knows something about the price or price range that xbox 360 will be then post it here in this forum.. i might not watch special on mtv, so if anyone knows it later then post

THanks

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

microsoft has already announced the console may be priced around 500.00 for the console and 200.00 for the console without the 40 gig hard drive

so youmay want to think about waiting a little if your to cheap to buy the console without the hard drive that is the hard drive is going to do alot more then what it did in the xbox 1

3. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

man you are really behind the times and misinformed. There has been no offical announcment on price yet. and there is only going to be only one version released at launch, a 20 gig verision. The rumor is though when the ps3 comes out there will be the cheaper HDD-less version avialable and halo3 to compete with the sony launch

4. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

I read in the newspaper that the price for xbox 360 is expected to be at least 400 dollars.

Peace out!

5. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I dont think the $400 price tag will work. Gates already said that the price of consoles are already too high as it is. Most Likely the price will not go past $350. Also, dont be suprised that come E3 they do announce they will sell a HDD-less version because it was stated in the ourcolony.net release video the HDD is removable and swapable between other 360 Consoles.

So Im Thinking they will have the 20gb version sell for about $350 that wil come with the HDD, Remote, & XBLive Headset (or $400 with backwards compatability). and they will have a HDD-less version that will have no HDD, no remote, and no headset for about $200-$250

Keep in mind, the thing is nowhere near finished yet. There are still a lot of things that havent completed yet. Not to mention, Perfect Dark Zero that was being played during that MTV special was only an alpha version of the game.

6. moonfrog

moonfrog Member

EBGames is taking pre-orders. I was there about an hour ago and the guy said it'd be between $350-$400. They were really trying to sell me one tho so maybe he was just saying that to sign me up. I'm thinking maybe over $400 is more likely. The guy even said I could make payments like with lay-a-way. All I needed was $20 down. But he did say he didn't know yet what the price would be.

7. nickfred

nickfred Member

Hi do you know the price for xbox360 in NZD

8. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

this is from the august issue of OXM pg. 20
    All these elements are coming together into a launch that we expect to be priced at $299 (from J Allard's own assertion it would be around that price, and analyst estimates that the hardware will cost Microsoft around $375 per unit)

i dont know why microsoft would want to loose $75 for each sale, but it could also be a misprint

9. adamryer

adamryer Guest

eb games announced that 360 games are gunna retail at $59.99 :(
    Its only $10 more but some people can barely afford paying $50 for a game.

10. sumdude

sumdude Member

Litsen retards its gonna be about $300-$360 (hints the name) it comes with 1 wireless controller, remote, headset, and a 20 gig hard disk drive wich is all standerd. J Allard stated it would be withen the 300 dollar price range. Ms has stated every console will come equiped with the hard drive. they are still thinking about adding th hd-dvd player at launch, but it is expected to come in later models of the xbox 360 to watch movies ONLY. At this time it will only come in 1 color which is ipod white, but later may come some other colors, and have removable plates. games prices have not been announced but it is likly to be 60 dollars thanks to all the idiots who bought the Limited Eddition games which were priced 10 dollars more then the regular games and that was a test by the makers to see if you were willing to pay extra, and you guys did. Xbox live will have 2 versions, Gold and Silver, gold and silver have the exact same things but the gold lets you play games online with your friends all the time, just like the current live. silver also lets you play against your friends but only on selected weekends. Hopfully you all know the specs of the 360 and this should answer some of your questions.

11. xboxmj

xboxmj Guest

It will be around 300 dollars. Lets hope M$ dont come up the last moment with a aurprise. For all those people saying they are willing to pay any price, thats because you dont understand the value of the dollar

12. xboxmj

xboxmj Guest

It will be around 300 dollars. Lets hope M$ dont come up the last moment with a aurprise. For all those people saying they are willing to pay any price, thats because you dont understand the value of the dollar

13. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

Who is saying the truth here? Who knows? Who do I believe? I hope EBGames makes like a special trade like I give them both my XBOX and PS2 and they give me a PS3 or an XBOX360 that would be kool.

14. xboxmj

xboxmj Guest

SerranoX3 that will never happen. One thing i know, they never lose

15. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

Look on ebay. it says u can preorder AND get the xbox360 the first day it comes out for just $150. should i trust that?

16. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

an xbox 360 for $150 and on release day....i wouldnt give them a penny

17. sumdude

sumdude Member

ya, give them a nickle 8)

18. serranoX3

serranoX3 Regular member

Well im buying both thats all I know. The first day they come out. Hopelly my dad gave me $1000 dollars and Im not spending a penny on anything. Im just waiting for the big release:)

19. RagePro

RagePro Guest

its gunna be 400$ i noe my dad wrks for microsoft

20. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

but a nickel is more than a penny...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005