Print screen/screen capture protection

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by smfsmusic, Jun 7, 2005.

1. smfsmusic

smfsmusic Guest

I came across a sight that had pictures that I wanted to capture. When I used print screen and then pasted, the picture was blank and in the middle was text saying this pic is protected. I tried numerous screen capture software and nothing will allow me to save the pictures. Is there anything that can circumvent this protection? The pictures were of my band playing and I wanted some of them. The site owner wouldn't release any without me paying up the a$$ for them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

please post or PM me the address of the site, will see what i can do.

3. Monograph

Monograph Member

As far as I know the picture couldn't be protected from video capturing.
    I use an interensting program called Screen VidShot. You can try it to precord what you want...
    Good luck!

4. Monograph

Monograph Member

5. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

looking forward to a reply from [bold]smfsmusic[/bold]. Never heard of this happening before.

6. smfsmusic

smfsmusic Guest

Mr_Taz_UK, I went to this website last october. I had it bookmarked, but since have reinstalled XP. I tried to remember the name but can't seem to recall. I'll keep trying until I find it again. The pictures I wanted are probably gone by now. But I just wanted to know if it happens in the future again.

7. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

well like I said, I have never heard of this happening before, can't even see how this sort of protection is possible. A screen shot is exactly that, a 'snap shot' of the screen.

Print Screen = whole screen
    Alt - Print screen = active window only

8. smfsmusic

smfsmusic Guest

This was the only time I have ever encountered it myself. I would print screen, paste into photshop or paint and all there was is a blank square with the message "This photo has been protected by XXXXX" or something similiar. I don't recall the XXXXX part. Maybe I did something wrong if you guys say it is not possible to protect web page pics. Thanks for your input!

9. smfsmusic

smfsmusic Guest