Printer problems.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by pezman, May 1, 2004.

1. pezman

pezman Member

I am about to go crazzy here. Please if there is anyone here how knows how to get a printer to line up right to get it to make lables for VHS,CD,DVD please help me. Also is there any free Mac labling making software out there for my Mac thanks.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What printer are you dealing with?

3. pezman

pezman Member

It is a lexmark all in one printer.

4. Praetor

Well thats a start.... Lexxmark makes, i would imagine, 70+ models of printers and prolly 20+ All In One machines... gimme something to go with :)

5. pezman

pezman Member

Well lest see its a Lexmark X5150 printer like I had seed before its a all in one monster. I am haveing prob with getting my pic's and text to line up right with the sticker lables for cd,dvd,vhs. I was just wondering is there a easyer way to stop the madness of this probblom. I can not think of anything eles to say about this. I wish I had more info for you but this is all I have to give.Thanks again for your time and info and help.

6. Praetor

Hmmm well that printer seems to be somewhat close to my LexX83....

1. Make sure you have the latest drivers?
    2. You may want to look into flashing the firmware on the printer if this was a significant issue addressed by Lexmark (check their website)
    3. WHat software are you using to make those labels ('course i may not be able to help with the config). Have a look-over with the printing preferences (i.e., make sure you havent set the paper size to 7x14 and the label sheets are 8.5x11 or somethin like that)

Srry cant be of more exact help

7. pezman

pezman Member

I am using Avery lable software and Neato software for lables thanks.

8. Buik

Buik Regular member

pezman

I can't help you with your alignment problem. I don't use Avery. What ever you try, use only plain paper until you have it lined up to print on your labels.

Now, when it comes to labels on DVD's, seriously consider using a "Sharpie". The adhesive DVD/CD labels does get warmed up by the laser. It can bubble & even come off when the disk is spinning. Imagine what it would do to the innards of your DVD player. Labeling the disc with a sharpie won't look as pretty but can save your player.

I have had success using CD Stomper. Usually can get it for free by watching sales & rebates. (USA that is)

TC

9. pezman

pezman Member

Man I thank you for your time and info and help. I belive I got it to work right for me. But I will keep you posted. I was wandering what type of software do you use in labling things if any. I have tried cd stomper but found it tricky to work with.