Printing to 8.5x11 paper

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by thash, May 15, 2004.

1. thash

thash Member

Ok, i am tired of wasting time and paper, not to mention the ink, ok... I need to print DVD covers on 8 1/2 x 11 inch normal and/or photo paper, BUT when i DO print them out, it always cuts the edge off and the cover is to small then when i put it in the dvd case.

My setup..

I use Paintshop Pro v8.1 and printing with a HP Photosmart 7150 inkjet printer.

I do not know what to do next, it works ONLY if i put the legal size paper in, but i would like to print them to a glossy paper, not normal legal size.

Can someone help me out? i have searched and searched for options, but have found none. 1 I found on the forums here was to use undercover xp, and when i go to print it says a portion of the image is outside the print area, and it will correct it, after the print, still the same..

Thank You
    X

2. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi thash,
    I have an hp photosmart p1000 and all i have to do is change the paper size to A4[210x297mm] and it prints to the end,This should do the trick.
    Just create a blank cover at the right size and put maybe a letter or a * at each corner until you suss it and no more wasted paper or ink as you can turn the paper,
    Cheers.