Probably last Noober question?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nooberguy, Mar 3, 2006.

1. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

I'm a big fan of this forum, I've learned so much about the things that interest me on this site. But this will probably be the last noober type help me question that I'll ask. This is about ripping ISO's. Currently attempting Suffering ties that bind. This one is 5gb.Etracted files with Qwik, Removed French folder, and Demo folder with Mortal Combat files contained. New size 3.39gb. Created ISO with Qwik, burned with DVD Decrypter on 4X Taiyo Yuden media. And froze on Evo load screen. So my question is are simply deleting the files and Rebuilding and Burning the correct way to get a fully working one, or is there a step I'm missing about preparing the ISO after ripping and before burning or what? Someone help please?

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Your not missing any steps at all, none that I can see. The problem with "Suffering Ties That Bind" is that you need to patch the default.xbe, otherwise it will freeze on the loading screen. Your media is excellent by the way, that's what I use....Taiyo Yuden,Maxell, and Ritek are my only brands.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I have had to patch every Suffering game to play off the HD, this game and Dead or Alive Ultimate were a headache.

4. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Thanks for the reply man. I patched the default.xbe, and ripped files, created ISO again burned with DVDecrytor and still hangs on Evo loading screen. I guess I'm still stuck. But thanks for the tip about patching I wasn't doing that before. Can you think of anything else because I'm stumped?

5. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Here is the official deletions for suffering 2. This game is so bloated that when done deleting you will be left with a 1.6gb game. I am not sure why you are hanging with your backup. This game is easy to rip, just like any other, and it worked no problem for me.

dashupdate.xbe and update.xbe
    \Demos\mksm\GAMEDATA.WAD & other files there.
    \Demos\mksm\front\movies
    \Demos\mksm\Music
    \French\Common\Interface (applies to \English\PAL as well)
    \French\Common\Player (applies to \English\PAL as well)
    \French\Common\Resources (applies to \English\PAL as well)
    \French\Common\System (steps taken here applies to \English\PAL as well)
    \French\Levels\ (delete files inside level folders) (applies to \English\PAL as well)
    \French\Tech\XboxLiveUIX (applies to \English\PAL as well)
    \French\Tech\xvsh (applies to \English\PAL as well)
    \French\World Common\Music (applies to \English\PAL as well)

6. nmpue

nmpue Guest

This game was easy for me also, though I can't remember what I deleted.
    Backed up both 1 & 2 onto one disc using Craxtion 4.0.

7. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Thanks Jigen with your assistance, I was finally able to successfully rip useless files, and back-up my original suffering 2 title :) Just ending this thread with a successful reply. Thanks

P.S. Is there any way you can give me that thread or link with the official deletables for Xbox games like the one you just gave? If not apoligizes in advance, and I'll just keep searching.

8. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Hey, glad to help out. http://www.balugabutt.com has a ton of deletions for games. Great site, unfortunately this particular game isn't on there yet. Still, that's one of the first places to go for info.

9. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Thanks for the link mate. You get two 100% rating points from me :)