Problem backing up GTA SA and Tony Hawk Wasteland to XBox HD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by skydog83, Sep 15, 2006.

1. skydog83

skydog83 Member

I am running XBMC as my dashboard and have been successfuly backing up several games to my HD and FTPing over to my PC. Today I tried backing up both GTA SA and Tony Hawk Wasteland by going under Complex Tools and Ripping to hard drive and they both aborted about halfway through ripping. I have tried several times to no avail. Here is the weird part, when they abort, nothing shows up under the E: drive where I was saving them when you look at the E: while in Complex tools, but when I FTP into my XBOX those folders show up with data in them. I delted the aborted data via FTP. Has anyone else seen this? As a side note I also had problems with NCAA 2007. I was able to rip it to the XBOX hard drive fine and FTP it over to my pc, but when I went to use Craxtion 4 to create an ISO file, it fails everytime at the same spot and says "MOVIE.DAT is not accessible by OS!" I have tried to reboot PC and copy that game directory to other locations on my PC including a different drive but it stops in the same place every time. I have even tried deleting folder and FTPing again to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any inupt!

skydog83

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Try using dvd2xbox and Quix instead.

3. wasted05

wasted05 Guest

yea if ur dash is avalaunch use quix it rapes

(rapes) definition==good
    =)

4. ekim512

ekim512 Guest

has anyone sent a game over and it says the disc is dirty or damaged?
    is that copyright protection or just a failed transfer? (its said session ended successfully.)

5. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

A few times, actually.

They were poor rips, so I had to clean the original and do them over again.

Other times, I had deleted files I wasn't supposed to while attempting to save space.