Problem downloading from Camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by AYang, Sep 17, 2005.

1. AYang

AYang Guest

Hi all,

I realised this is not an uncommon problem as i browsed thru' some of the threads, some bros out there having the same problem.

Am using Panasonic PVGS-65 and the computer does not recognise the tape media via the firewire although using the USB, it can read the SD Card. There was no software that came with the cam.

Any bros out there who solved this problem before? Please lend a helping hand.

Much thks in advance!

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

You will have to give more specific information than that if you want others to help you...

3. AYang

AYang Guest

Hi TPKKAS,

thks for replying. THe problem is, am not sure what other information is needed.

Am using Toshiba M10 Pro, Firewire adapter is from Texas Instrument, Windows XP Professional. Camcorder is Panasonic PVGS-65.

A friend bought a Sony DCR-HC21 and all he did was connect to the computer via firewire and it was immediately recognised, much like a plug and play device.

But when i plug in my panasonic, there was nothing.

This model of camcorder also have an USB port but i think its for the SD Card. I switched it to PC mode (one of the options for the Camcorder) and all my computer recognised was the SD Card. Nothing i did could recognise the presence of the DV tape.

hope this is sufficient for your assistance.

Cheers.

4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

1. Is the Firewire card installed correctly? Check the Device MAnager is it shows up correctly.
    2. When you connect did you switch your camcorder to VCR mode?
    3. If you connect and turn the camcorder to VCR mode does your system respond at all? Check if you see the camcorder appear in the device manager.