Problem playing burn XBOX games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by big89alex, Oct 10, 2005.

1. big89alex

big89alex Guest

Hey guys, I have a Xecuter 2.6 mod, Western Digital 120 GB Hard Drive, Avalaunch, and Evo X. Now, I burned a game (with 38 rar files, one SFV, and one MSinfo document).

I use the program Qwik to create an iso
    Then i burn it using either nero (finalize the disc, while at lowest speed) or Alcohol 120% (image burning)

When its done burning and pop it into my xbox, it recognizes the disc, but when i want to play it, it doesn not respond (it doesnt frezze, it just does not open)

I checked the DVD Game properties through my file manager (in XBOX) and it burnt all the rar (including the other SFV, and MSinfo) files. There is nothing else there. Is it because i dont have a default.xbe (or something like that) file? Also, where can i get this file?

am i doing something wrong? what should i do diffrently?

Thanks,
    Alex

BTW, im using a Memorex DVD-R 8x. And a Thompson XBOX drive/tray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need to open up the first RAR file in the list of RAR files. It then will extract all the RAR files into 1 ISO or IMG file. Now open up your burrning software and burn the ISO or IMG file as an image to disc. Put it in the Xbox and it should play.

Example:
    XboxGame.r00
    XboxGame.r01
    XboxGame.r02
    XboxGame.r03
    XboxGame.r04

You would double click the RAR file XboxGame.r00 then extract it to a folder where you can get to it after it extracts the ISO or IMG file from all the RAR files. [bold](you only have to extract the first file the rest will extract automatiicly making the 1 ISO or IMG File)[/bold]

More then likly you got the download with a torent file. The reason there are 37 RAR file's in the download is so it is easier to send the game information to others. Each RAR file has a part of the Image file. That way when your downloading the torrent you dont have to get the whole file from 1 person. You can get the file from alot of people.

[bold]Example: While your downloading part XboxGame.r00 from 1 person you can download part XboxGame.r01 from another person at the same time.[/bold]

Now once all the pieces of the torrent are downloaded you extract the whole file from all the RAR put together.

You should not have to run it through Quix cause most Xbox games downloaded off the net are already in xISO format.

You should get better media then memorex. That is 1 of the cheapest blank media out there.

Also dont burn no faster then 4x anything above that could burn read errors. So take the extra time and slow the burn down.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  3. big89alex

big89alex Guest

thanks larrylje! my extension on the rar archeives is
    xbox game.part01 (starts ar 01, not 00) , it doesent matter though right?

Thanks,
    Alex

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Nope it dosent, some start at r00 some start at r01 always choose the lowest number file in the archive to extract