problem with finding camera

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Mazelda, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Mazelda

Mazelda Member

Hi guys i know this has probably been asked before but cant find the same problem when looking
    I have quite an old digital video camera jvc gr-dv3 which has a 4 pin firewire connection and have connected that to the 6 pin on my motherboard an asus p5w dh delux with the camera switched on my pc doesnt recognise anything and when i use windows movie maker to capture the video the only camera i get a choice for is my web cam
    I've been into my device manager and as far as i can tell the ieee host controller is enabled and functioning ok and the 1394 net adapter also is ok although cant see this having an effect on the camera As I know next to nothing about any of this could somebody give me some ideas
    cheers

2. Mazelda

Mazelda Member

sorry guys looks I may have been a bit hasty in asking for help as I've figured out what the problem was
    For info if anybody else has a problem like this it maybe a jvc thing but to get your camera to work you have to have it connected to your docking station even though your firewire is connected to camera the manual doesnt really tell you this just a couple of pictures it will then work fine
    all the best
    Maz