Problem with Windows XP user accounts

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Nizzler, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Nizzler

Nizzler Member

I have a problem with my User Accounts on me computer. I had multiple user names on my Windows XP. I had a password on MY particular account/name. My Internet Explorer would never work any longer and showed my signs of come back ever. I called a technician and he said it was best that I do a system restart.

Anyways something came up and asked if I wanted to save the files from certain folders or whatever and I chose to. I am on my new restart but I cannot access the files that I had once had on my old User Name. The problem is that it is taking up a lot og GIGs and I am left with like 12 gig out of like 67. Not fair at all. I was wondering.. can anyone out there tell me how to properly retreive my old files or remove them without rebooting my computer again?!? Keep in mind, I STILL know the password.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Removing them shouldnt be too bad a problem ... retrieving them, that's a different ballgame. To remove, use the Windows Recovery Console (either via Safemode or WXP/W2K CD) and delete them manually