Problema reading backups on XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by melgashop, May 14, 2005.

1. melgashop

melgashop Member

Hi all!

I've bought an used xbox and I put a chip on it (dunno which one... :| ) anyway, my problem is that I've downloaded some games from trackers and when I've tried to rn that backup in my xbox it appears a message that the disc may be damaged or isn't xbox compatible, etc. etc. I've tried several brands of DVD's and the problem persists.
    I'll be glad to know your opinions and hints about it.

Greetings.

2. zeno60

zeno60 Member

Well in my opinion, there could be several things wrong.

Your xbox could have the thompson drive and just have a hard time reading discs. Or if its a fairly new xbox, then you could be burning your backups incorrectly. If you use Nero (or alcohol120% i think) you have to burn a disc image, select the xISO file(usually names something like gamename.xbox.iso) and make sure you are finalizing the disc. Another option you have if your dvd rom is just not working is to FTP the ISO using a program like Qwix by TeamAvalaunch

http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

3. melgashop

melgashop Member

Thx for your help, is it mandatory to create a FTP connection between my PC and my xbox to make the games work? Cuz I thought this worked as the Dreamcast does...something like u insert the boot cd or u have a modchip and then u insert the dvd and...it works... :|

I don't think it's my dvd burner problem...I've been using Nero and it gives me no errors.

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

It's not mandatory to use FTP but it will help out a lot for other purposes, you'll find out eventually.

5. melgashop

melgashop Member

Ok, I think it will comeback to where it came from...I tried 2 backp copies of games and none of them works...

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

What game is this? Get Qwix or Craxtion4 to patch the ISO or the default.xbe file and see if that will work. If not then you'll need to find a default.xbe replacement for a patched one.

7. melgashop

melgashop Member

I've tried with forza motorsport and motocross mania 3 and none of them worked

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Did the games boot and you got the "dirty disc" error? Or they didn't even boot? Do any other games work or all of the games you have tried gave you the error?

9. melgashop

melgashop Member

No, the game didn't boot...only the original HALO worked, besides that it gives the incorret DVD error. All the backups I tried gave the same error

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Is the chip on? Has it been flashed with a hacked BIOS to allow it to play backups? What screen do you get when you turn your Xbox on?

11. melgashop

melgashop Member

i think it's the normal xbox screen it appears 3 buttons: music, settings and storage, i think..can't remember atm, about the chip or bios I have no clue

12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Try turning the Xbox on with the EJECT button and see if it will take you to a different screen. Usually it should take you to the modchip's OS screen so you can flash the BIOS, etc. You don't remember what modchip you put in it? Open your Xbox up and check again.