Problems Burning with Sony 500A

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by timmaddog, Mar 17, 2003.

1. timmaddog

timmaddog Guest

First let me apologize of this is the wrong forum for this posting. I have what I hope is not a unique problem.

A couple of months ago, I successfully burned many DVD’s using ritech DVD -R Meida using DVDX Copy. Since that time, I upgraded to a newer version. In addition, I purchased a new Samsung DVD/ROM RW drive, which came with NERO. I also installed the firmware update for my Sony DRU 500 A. I really did not have much time to do burning while the changes were being done, until this weekend.

Here is the problem. Neither program will burn a dvd. Both give the same message “program memory area update failed”. When searching the forms, I cannot find enough details on this problem to get help.

I am using win2k. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Bob

2. commwiz

commwiz Guest

Try unloading, rebooting, reloading those progs one at a time.

3. timmaddog

timmaddog Guest

I actually stumbled onto a solution as follows;
    When I was ready to burn using Nero, I inserted the Ritec Media and the error message came up. I removed the disk and inserted a verbatim +r disk and proceeded to burn the disk with no problems. Upon completion, I proceeded to another dvd without closing Nero, I then re-inserted the ritec media and the burn processed without any difficulty.

I was able to process several dvd’s this way.

Strange. It seems as though you have to fool the burner in the type of media you are using when you are first getting started.

I know this is not the ultimate answer, however, it works.

Thanks for the reply.