problems downloading microsoft office trial

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by halpinio, Oct 22, 2008.

1. halpinio

halpinio Regular member

Hi.i apolagise in advance if i have posted this is the wrong place but didnt know where to put it.ive been trying to download microsoft office as i have a bit of work to do and am in a bit of a hurry.when i go to the download page it asks for my name and email address.when i put these in and click download this comes up.We are sorry, but we are unable to complete your request.
    The following problem(s) exist:

We are sorry, we are unable to complete your request. You are attempting to submit an order without any items in your shopping cart. Please try again.
    Why is this happening there is no option to put something in a cart plus i dont want to buy it i just want the free trial.thank you.

2. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

Well, if it says that your shopping cart is empty, then you are trying to download a program that is not free. Perhaps you chose the wrong file?

3. Rich48

Rich48 Member

4. halpinio

halpinio Regular member

no same thing.weird.i do apolagise about posting it here

5. varnull

varnull Guest

open office http://www.openoffice.org/

does more.. works better.. supports ALL professional and commercial formats (unlike the M$ locked down proprietary non interoperable formats).. and IS FREE

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Ahoy ye matey, go with the suggestion of the sweet lass there, she knows the truth to the matter, I use this when I'm working with Mandriva Linux, Open office is very workable, and less bloatware than the whole Micro$oft office suite. I tried the link and it works, just need to follow thru with the registration process.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  7. varnull

varnull Guest

Does it need registering these days?.. Comes with debian sooo.. never needed to register mine, but spose being informed of updates and new features is good.

We really should thank Sun more for this wonderful free office suite. Impress especially is just so much better than any microsoft offering.. Try changing the order of a slideshow in powerpoint.. then do the same with impress.. Impressed?.. you will be ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
  8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Nah, the MicroSux site wants you to register so they can spam you into buying the program. OpenOffice is still free and annonny as well.