Problems FTP and Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dan50, Sep 17, 2005.

1. dan50

dan50 Member

hi there,

Having problems with FTP and xbox using flashfxp. Have read all the tutorials and posts but still noone has mentioned the same problem as I have.

Have a direct connection to xbox using a crossover cable, no router. Basically when I connect with the xbox using 'quick connect' and the 'session' method the message comes up L226 'Transfer finished successfully data connection closed'. However where the space where the folders should appear remains blank/white just with a permanent egg timer there.

Have tried messing about with the firewall, turned it on then off disabled antivirus. Nothing seems to work.

I am using win xp home SP2 and the evox dashboard on the xbox.

Does my PC actually seem to be connected to the xbox or is it an illusion? Basically in the middle of the messages it says 'L502 test is not implemented' 'L502 rest is not implemented'.

Does this give any clues as to what is happening? I have made sure passive mode is not ticked etc etc.

Thanks again for all your help
    Dan

2. zyw

zyw Regular member

Have you succesfuly ftp'd yet. The network settings should have the last number one lower than your xbox in the ip address.
    My xbox ip is 192.168.1.3 and my network is set to 192.168.1.2
    This help?

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@dan50[/bold]
    Your problem has been mention and is out there of AfterDawn. I've helped a few people through it. You probably have not assigned a Static IP to your LAN connection that being used by your xbox. Once that is done, your connection will be successful. Your xbox must have a static IP assigned to it.

Sorry, zyw...not true.

A couple years ago before I purchased my wireless router I had my xbox connected to my PC via a crossover cable. At the time my PC's static address was 192.168.1.100, the connection on the PC that my xbox was plugged into was 192.168.1.110, and my xbox's static address was 192.168.1.200. CURRENTLY everything on my home network access the internet through that router but my main PC and xbox still maintain the same static addresses. 100 digits between and I transfer at 11,000kb/s with Qwix and between 7 & 9,000kb/s with FlashFXP.

[bold]dan50[/bold] REMEMBER, Static IP's for your XBOX & PC Connection and I may have forgot to mention, allow FlashFXP in your XP Firewall. It should ask you if you want to allow it when you try to connect.**edit: If not, manually do it. If your PC's internet LAN connection has a static ip assigned, that's not enough...unless you use that connection to connect your xbox. I'm assuming you have dual LAN capability, that second at a minimum will need to be static for this to work.

If you don't know how to set up a static IP, GO HERE:
    http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm
    Select your O/S and follow the guide
    Do your PC first (write down the information) then utilize that to create a static IP for your xbox. The only thing that you be different is the IP ADDRESS once you have it all set up. If they are the same, you will get a conflicting IP error.

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2005
  4. zyw

zyw Regular member

It's not always true but is for me. When I set the network at the same setting as the xbox, I couldn't connect, however, It seems like dan50 has a connection so you are right my suggestion doesn't apply.

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

No big deal but that's just seems odd to me. That would mean if your PC was set at 192.168.1.3 (for example) and your xbox was 192.168.1.2. If you wanted to add a new xobx to the setup, you'd have to change your PC to .4 you original xbox could stay the same and the new one would be .3. And the process would be repeated each time. I currently have four xboxes w/ static IP and that's not the case. My xboxes are in the 200's and my PC's are in the 100's (not necessary) it's just hw I did it. There's always an IP RANGE and that's why. Maybe you could PM on your setup...you shouldn't be limited that way if you chose to expand your network.

6. dan50

dan50 Member

hi there,

Thanks for all your advice. Fact is I have made sure the ip is static on the Xbox using that evo menu options. Bizarre problem is that when I ftp using simple internet explorer using ftp**xbox:xbox@ip it works!

But not with Flash fxp. not checked if my LAN settings on my PC are static or not but if this were the case it would not ftp with internet explorer either would it?

Ideas appreciated!

Siddesh

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@dan50[/bold]
    Try and redo your xbox static IP setting.
    *Remember the current settings (write them down)
    *Change you xbox to DHCP, save and restart
    *Change back to what it was before (static settings), save and restart

Then try to connect...