Problems streaming video from YouTube

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by phaedra, Jul 29, 2008.

1. phaedra

phaedra Member

Hi,
    I hope someone can help me. All of a sudden I am not able to watch a video in YouTube straight through without it buffering. IT plays for a few seconds, stops, starts again, stops. This has never happened before and I have no idea what is going on. I have a DSL connection and never have this problem. Someone recommended that I download and install Adobe Flash Player 9-0-124-0 which I did but it did not fix the problem. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

i think that happens when there is high traffic, maintenance etc on the site , its not your connection. it happens to me also sometimes and i have a highend machine with a cable connection

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  3. phaedra

phaedra Member

Hi,
    Thanks for trying to help me but it is not just YouTube. For some reason anything I try to download has a really slow speed. A song that would usually take a minute times out because the download speed is so slow. My ISP insists that the DSL signal is very strong so the problem must be on my end. I cleaned the cache, ran my virus program, removed software that I thought may be conflicting and nothing works.