problems transfering files using CUTEFTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by showan, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. showan

showan Regular member

Merry X-mas everyone.

I'm having a problem when ftp'ing to my xbox. I'm able to get a connection and everything, but I was trying to transfer an extracted game to my xbox.

I have done this many times so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. I notice though that some games when you extract the ISOs it's just a bunch of files in one root folder. I think NHL 2K5 was like this. WHen the ISO has NO SUBFOLDERS I am able to transfer it fine using CUTEFTP. However...when I get an ISO that has a sh*tload of subfolders and each of these contains files, CuteFTP gives me all kinds of errors when trying to transfer the ISO.

Some errors I get are "Child transfer failed", "you don't have permission...", "directory already exists" (even though I cannot see the directory)....I just get a bunch of stupid errors and I don't know why. Some subfolders transfer to my xbox and are fine, some don't transfer at all, and some transfer over but there are no files in them on my xbox.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on? For anyone who plans on replying with "I use FlashXP and it works fine" well I tried FlashXP and that piece of crap won't work. I can't even get the program to show the xbox in the window. All I can see is my PC hard drive and that's it. It acts like it's trying to refresh the list for the xbox but it just freezes. So I gave up on that program. Cute FTP works sometimes but like I said....a bunch of errors when trying to transfer images with subfolders.

My xbox and pc are connected to the net using a router. Does this have anything to do with it?

Thanks a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.