Problems with the latest ASPI driver. Please reply!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by xbennyboy, Jul 8, 2003.

1. xbennyboy

xbennyboy Guest

I just downloaded ASPI 4.71. However, it caused problems when I installed it under Windows XP. My drive is a Creative CD-RW 8-4-32. The new ASPI driver prevents the CD burner from Autoplaying and detecting new cd-roms that are inserted. The ASPI driver also (for some unknown reason) changes the XP gui back into Windows Classic GUI. Please reply.

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

The easiest way to reenable autoplay is to use TweakUI, one of the Microsoft Power Toys http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp It lets you turn autoplay on and off for individual drives. I want autoplay enabled on my dvd rom, but want it off on my dvd burner. CDRWin used to be bad about making coasters because it would try to read the disk in the burner while it was still burning because of autoplay, so I always leave it off on my burner.

3. xbennyboy

xbennyboy Guest

I don't really care for the Autoplay feature but thanks for the help. What I am really annoyed about is that my cd-drive can't detect a freshly inserted CD until 10 minutes later, even with the AutoPlay off. And then ASPI totally wrecks up my XP GUI.

4. ABMone

ABMone Guest

just use 4.6
    4.71 gave me nothing but problems also

5. xbennyboy

xbennyboy Guest

I tried using 4.6, but it did the same thing. That was why I tried 4.71 in the first place because it said that it was XP compatible.