Problems with X3 chip and dashboards

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by akspud93, Oct 16, 2005.

1. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Ok guys i;m having a problem with dashboards here. I turned on my box one day and it didn't decided to boot to unleashx. Ok so i decided to boot to the chip and well it didn't. accoring to the incicator light it is blue meaning it is on and the box just sits on my modded xbox logo screen with xecuter rocks my box logo underneath. Not quite sure the actions to take here. I was thinking of reflashing my chip with the 3294 bios but wasn't sure if it would make things worse. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Is it a solder or solderless type. If soldered you may want to check your connections and if it's solderless, you may be having a problem with a good connection on one side of the adapter. A lot of people will just solder that side down to alleviate futher issues in that area. It would the best way to handle that problem.

Also, make sure that the correct bank buttons are pushed in and the others are out. You have a pro-switch right? Well, the first two should be pushed in and the last two out. As for the protect switch, it's up to you...it has not effect what-so-ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  3. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Ok its a solder type xecuter and I had www.modchipsource.com isntal all of the mods for me....i'll have to see if there is a warenty on the chip. I know i have the right banks selected and I boot to the cromwell bios and try and flash by network but it claims DCHP is not enabled even thoguh it is. I tried making a boot disk but my drive couldn't read it (thompson drive) I haven't checked any solder connetions as idk what i am looking for as i did not unsatll it. I can play games but i am still stuck on that xecuter rocks my box page. Not sure what next steps to take i think that I am going to give them a call and tell them the situation.