Progressive Scan Issue

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ffbcheese, Dec 30, 2006.

1. ffbcheese

ffbcheese Member

I have a Philips DVD622 player, by accident I swithced it to Progressive Scan, my tv is not progressive scan, as soon as I hit OK the input screen went to blue, I still had DVD sound but no picture. I have tried to blindly go back through the steps of the menu to turn off the progressive scan, reset or powered down the player with no success.

Any suggestions....

2. JVC

JVC Active member

You said reset........... do you mean you reset it to factory settings? If not, the manual will tell you how to do that. It [bold]should[/bold] fix the problem.
    If that doesn't work, the only option, is to take it somewhere (either a friend's or a store), and hook it up to a progressive capable tv. Then you should be able to do it through the menus.........
    Good luck!

3. rapko

rapko Member

I did that once before but luckily I was able to undo the setting despite not being able to see what I was doing. Keep trying the blind method and once you have enough of that go with JVC's options. Seems like a store could help you out, hopefully you won't have to buy something first, lol.