1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 games on PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by noxshame, Jun 6, 2004.

1. noxshame

noxshame Guest

I have a version 4 PS2 and I have a back-up of Chrono Cross (first disc). I have a fliptop cover with swap magic and I also have a copy of the CD loader software. Is there any way that I can play my back-up of my PS1 game? I can't use Swap Magic's CD disc because it is used to boot ps2 games that are on cd's. I was thinking there may be a way to use CD loader to play my PS1 backup. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

2. JakeB1322

JakeB1322 Member

Yes there is a way. If you get a PS1 gameshark, it should, and I mean there's a chance it won't, work. I have done it with a few games with the swap trick while I wait for my fliptop to come in the mail. It does work. Just boot up the gameshark, and choose to play the game without codes, and then put in your disc. It works much like using swap magic.

3. imnobody

imnobody Member

how does a gameshark work. what is the process of playing ps1 games using gameshard on a ps2 if it's not to much to ask for.

thanks.

4. JakeB1322

JakeB1322 Member

you boot up the gameshark like a normal game, the you choose play game without cheats, or something like that(i don't have it on right now, and don't feel like doing it), then it says put in the game, or something like that, and you put in the game with your fliptop, or knifetrick, or whatever, and then you press or some other button, i forget which one, then the game boots up

5. Krystovar

Krystovar Regular member

The Breaker Pro disc works the same as those, and it will allow you to boot PS1 backups.

6. imnobody

imnobody Member

thanks. last question what is better gameshark or breaker pro?

thanks.

7. SEGAbhoy

SEGAbhoy Guest

Wich is cheaper? Action Replay/ Gameshark allows you to use cheats but you can't switch between Pal and Ntsc however Breaker pro lets you witch between these formats, can center the screen and is quicker and easier to use, if you won't be using imports, get which ever is cheaper.