ps1 torrented but even after WINRAR-ing i cant get my old fave's to work

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by murrayman, May 1, 2008.

1. murrayman

murrayman Guest

hey guys,

basically i'm relatively new to the world of torrent downloading and have always found myself stuck when it comes to torrenting games.

i downloaded PSX 4 PC, which promised among others crash bandicoot as well as the emulator. i downloaded it and it all came out in .RAR form. bastards, i thought, but no! WINRAR can save me. so i installed winrar, i extracted crash and the emulator and another game as well.

i then try t open the emulator and *insert annoying microsoft noise* it tells me "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_26.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

so whats up? have i installed a dud version of the ps1 emulator? ive got a windows xp if you need to know. help appreciated

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Maybe see if there are other emulators out there. Got ROMS for NES games before and I think the emulator opened rar files for you. PS1 might be different. you could also google the .dll, find out where to get it then add it to your install files.