1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question PS2 backup Question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Inmento, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Inmento

Inmento Newbie

So, I have several games I own backed up, also turned them into ISOs so I can play on my PC when the roomie is using the PS2.

Anyways, that wasn't important, what IS IMPORTANT is this question.

You know how using emulators you can increase the quality of the game? (if your GPU/CPU can handle it)

Well my question is, using my backups, is there anyway to say increase the quality to even 2x, and useable on the console? Some of my backups haven't aged well, and on my widescreen look decent but still kinda bad.

If there isn't, that's cool, just thought I'd ask.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The two below is where you'll get what you need they are both the same site however the second one is the new site of theisozone & is currently undergoing beta. Sign up to both then you'll be ready when TIZ (theisozone) will be shut down

theisozone.com
    https://retrozone.co/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

You can run component cable on the ps2 is my understanding to get a better picture ????. You have to keep in mind the 480p or whatever the game quality is will be decided by the game is my understanding so you may not get 720 or whatever. That said i know jack so pop over to TIZ it's already been answered as i've seen posts about getting better quality

One more thing. Can you get a phat ps2,if so find the posts on running games direct from hdd (bye bye discs)
    . You can do it on a slim too however it requires using usb which is slow as it's usb 1.1 not usb 2.0
    I think it's moddedwarfare on youtube that has good tuts for this

Lastly i can confirm burnout 2 looks bloody fantastic on a 360 emu. Downside is the emu lags when it rains or snow's, it's weird fun playing in slow mo lol ok not ps2 i thought i'd just throw that out there

Inmento likes this.
  3. Inmento

Inmento Newbie

I didn't want to get the component cable unless absolutely necessary, but it may be the best option (unless I wanna spend a bit of money and get a phat PS2. WAIT THEY CAN BE MODDED TO HAVE HDD'S? Since when? O.O)

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Project Pheonix MediaSince ages. Reason i say get a phat is it's the better option imo. As you mention it will cost a bit of money tho.
    What you need
    phat
    8mb mem card x 2 or more (some games won't save to larger cards & you'll need one to store the hack on as a backup,as you'll most likely want to store the hack direct to the hdd)
    larger mb mem card to house your saves
    Network adapter (fats never had one & it's what's used to attach an hdd)
    hard drive IDE (Can't get new ones anymore so get the drive below)
    Hard drive SATA any size up to 2tb (1 tb is most likely all you'll need & can be 2.5")
    SATA adapter kit for network adapter to allow SATA connection
    Software is all free & easy as to install for both the pc & ps2
    thumb drive the larger the better

game iso's get installed to the hdd by using the pc & the software required

All the above info & devices you may need to buy from safe places are at TIZ

You can also mod either hard or soft an xbox as well (the old xbox i.e aka original)

edit: f'd up it's not moddedwarefare it's Project Pheonix Media that has the instructional vid. Both youtubers tho have god tuts

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOd_1DYsIQg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018