1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 Backups using the hard Drive? Help?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Manik90, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Manik90

Manik90 Member

okay, so i have myself a fat ps2. now i been reading around and what i wanted to do in the first place was put a hard drive in the back of my ps2, load up HDLoader throught the memory and play the backups stored in the HD.

now i been trying to look for the answer but cant seem to find it, i know my friend long ago had his setup like that. he had HDloader in his memory card, his FAT ps2 hard drive in the back, he would just load up HDloader, in order to boot the game of the HDLoader he would place a ps1 game, also to copy it he would place the original game in his ps2 and using HDloader it would copy the game to his hard drive. How can i do this? i was reading around and it said that i needed something like swap magic in order to use HDloader? i dont understand why? my friend only had HDLoader on his memory card and that was because another friend of his transfer HDloader from memory card to memory card.

some help or Advice?

Thanks!

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

If you have a Retail Hdloader disc, then there is a better method now to install files to the memory card in order to just boot from memory card
    You won't even need a PS1 disc

Just read the 'INstallation method' and 'User guide' - tutorial link