1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 copy problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joedan1, Nov 20, 2006.

1. joedan1

joedan1 Member

How can I copy ps2 games, I tried everything, I have a dvd burner +dvd and -dvd also have used both types of disks and various brand names from verbatim to sony to memorex, nothing works I uses dvd+ and dvd- disks of all brand names, I have swap magic 2.0 with a mod chip installed, I uses every type of burner from neuro 7 to dvd decripter to dvd fav, cloner and dvd shrink, wizard o click and all others, I tried to burn the disks using a fast burn speed and the slowest burn speed, I have a flip top cover on my ps2. I managed to burn madden 07 using dvd decriptor but after that nothing has worked and I tried every possible thing, Can i have a dma problem or something i don't know about please help me in any way, also my dvd burners are both sony, I have both types of dvd burners installed, Please help me.

2. mndnichol

mndnichol Member

dvd decrpter does the job fine iso read the file then iso write,make sure you use some decent media though,verbatim,imation,maxell,tescos,phillips,samsung i have used with no probs,if this doesnt work the you may have a laser fault in your ps2?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

OK, lets give a few possible solutions.
    But first one thing i do not understand. You say you have Swap Magic 2.0 (very outdated by the way) and a modchip?
    you would only need one or the other unless it is not really a mod chip but what they call an eject mod. An eject mod basically just stops the PS2 from resetting when you open it. That is not a REAL mod chip. a real mod chip would play back up games without a need for Swap Magic.

1. DVD Decrypter will work fine. I have used it for years for burning ISO files. Both PS2 and Xbox
    2. DVD Shrink is for movies not for games. And Nero i also never use for games.
    3. Make sure the burner you are using has the latest firmware available on it.
    4. make sure you are copying the ISO to your hard drive and then to another disc. And not copying from one burner to the other.
    5. make sure your PS2 is modded correctly. With the above i have no real idea what you are doing. You mention swap magic and a flip top which on an older fat PS2 is all you need. Just stick in swap magic, then at the main screen open the fliptop, put in the back up, and press X
    On a slimline PS2 there is one other mod needed to keep it from resetting.
    6. i suggest using the DVD-R first. Last time i checke most Sony burners could not booktype a DVD+R to DVD-Rom (which would really help). So DVD-R would be your most compatible choice.
    7. i have no idea what you mean by a DMA problem. are you talking about a DNAS problem? The DNAS is something you have to patch into all back ups that you want to play online with. If you do not play online then do not worry about it.
    8. with a Swap Magic version as old as 2.0 you may want to check the swapmagicfix.com site to see if the games you are trying to back up needed any special loading programs. As i said above 2.0 is old and way outdated and you will continue to have problems unless you update to a newer version, or get a real mod chip installed.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  4. joedan1

joedan1 Member

Thank's I downloaded alcohol 120 and it works fine now.

5. rg41221

rg41221 Member

I have been using DVD Decrypter in attept of buring PS2 games onto a DVD. I have done the following:
    - Inserted PS2 game in computer
    - Used DVD Decrypter in ISO Read
    - Inserted blank DVD in DVD RWdrive.
    - Used DVD Decrypter in ISO Write.
    Everything appears to be successful while following these steps. However when I place the DVD in my PS2 it is not recornized. I keep reading about Swapmagic and flip top, but I am not sure what this means. Do I need to add special software/hardware to my PS2 in order to read the burned games?

6. afgprince

afgprince Member

hey i got a modchip and used DVD Decrypter to burn a game but it didnt work
    it is a iso file and used decrypter but this was just to c if it worked
    i used a cheap dvd r and wrote it at the max speed
    and when i put it in ma ps2 it starts but stopped before loadin the game (black screen appears)
    did i do sometin wrong or is the dvd just sh!t and burned it to fast

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member