1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 disc error

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by kratosman, Jun 26, 2010.

1. kratosman

kratosman Member

Today i got a new game for my ps2 it was not used but when i tried to play the ps2 didnt read it so my dad told me to try another game on the ps2 so i got a old yugioh game that my dads brother gave me.When i put it tried to play it the ps2 read it.I tried like 100 more games but they didnt work.I think its because my ps2 is jacked up because my baby sister steps on it.If somebody knows how to fix it please type it in on this website.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. nicevibe

nicevibe Member

I'm assuming you have a fat PS2 since you didn't specify. This would be the third time today that I make the same suggestion to a member of this site. Of the numerous possibilities it is likely that your parallel alignment is off from being violently jerked/dropped/kicked. There is a small white plastic cog behind the laser assembly in your PS2. This cog can be turned manually for realignment. The method I use is clicking it 2-3 times in one direction and testing, if it doesn't work, i try again. Eventually when the full cycle is completed it will drop back down to the lowest point possible. So you can continue clicking and testing by going the same direction. Don't turn it the other direction until you notice a change in disc reading and need to fine-tune it one click at a time. If you're PS2 is a slim it's going to be a different problem since the laser assembly and disc mount are on the same frame and can't easily be dis-aligned. If you are a youngin, and you decide to do this procedure, make sure an adult helps you with it. It requires you to take apart you're PS2 to get to the cog.