1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DNAS Error 612

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ncllb33, Oct 23, 2005.

1. ncllb33

ncllb33 Member

Im trying to get online with my ps2, and i get error 612. I know what it means, but I want to know how to fix it. We are running a wireless network in our house that is pass protected. Linksys G router, with a wireless G adapter going to my computer and a wireless G game adapter running to the PS2. All network tests work fine, I cant find my secondary DNS #s, could that be a problem? or is it the password protection?

2. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

i have the same problem did u find out how to fix it yet

3. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

ur problem is ur wireless internet i think cause ps2 dosent like ppl to use other providers so if its linksys it probly wont work and

4. skyda

skyda Regular member

do you have a modchip? if you do, turn it off, u cant play online with ya modchip on

5. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

6. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

NO I DONT GOT A MOD CHIP I JUST GOT THE NEW PS2 AND I HAVENT DON ANYTHING TO IT I JUST KEEP GETING THE SAME ERROR SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME

7. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

What do you think the link's I posted are for? If you're not even going to read them, why would I help you further?

8. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

I DONT GOT PROBLEM 611 I GOT PROBLEM 612 AND I DONT GOT A ROUTER

9. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

WHEN I TEST CONNECTION IT WORKS BUT WHEN I TRY TO LOAD AND PLAY THE GAME ONLINE IT HAS THE 612 ERROR

10. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

GOD SOMEONE HELP ME

11. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

IM TRYING TO PLAY RACHET:DEADLOCKED......IF THAT HELPS

12. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

According to the DNA FAQ link: Firewall or network with closed ports: A DNAS -612 or -611 error may indicate the presence of a firewall or closed ports. An 'open' connection is required for DNAS data to be sent and received to/from your Playstation2 game system. Do you have some sort of firewall? That's the cause according to people who know. Quit writing in all caps, no need to yell, that's a quick way to get banned.

13. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

sorry idk capps were on lol i dont got a firewall ....

14. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

It's okay. I don't know that seems to be the reason listed. Do you connect your PS2 straight to the net, or do you route it through your PC?

15. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

i just goto the ps2...

16. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

17. bestbuy

bestbuy Guest

i have a cable modem and i just take the ethernet cord and plug it directly to the ps2 cause i have to unplug my com to play online.....i dont have a wireless router hooked up...........

18. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

It has nothing to do with anything physically in your prescence. It is a router or firewall that is included in your high speed package. You are almost certainly behind a router according to the PS2 DNA's FAQ. Think of it as an imaginary wall which blocks your PS2 from sending or receiving data. Until you create a hole in this imaginary wall, no data can pass through. Go to Start--> Control Panel--> Network and Internet Connections--> Network Connections--> Right click on the connection you use to get online and click on "properties." Go on Networks or Available Networks, a tab at the top of the screen that resembles that. Let me know what it says there. I have DSL, so it may not be exactly the same.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  19. Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco Guest

Hey. I have the same problem and i wanted to know how to open ports. I've heard everyone say you have to open ports then you'll be able to play but they've never told me how to.

20. Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco Guest

the games im trying to play are "Ratchet:Deadlocked" and "Starwars Battlefront 2" if that helps at all. also , i'm using a "D-Link DI-514 wireless router" and a "SB4100 cable modem"