1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Gamesave hacking?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SSJNaruto, Oct 20, 2006.

1. tyreafus

tyreafus Member

OK so things didn't line up properly on the diagrams. You'll just have to deal with it or view it in notepad. Who ever heard of a technical forum not showing posts in courier font, anyway? ><

2. rebel252

rebel252 Member

hey man...thx 4 the guide...i finally got what u were saying...managed to edit all three areas...added x-potions and a zodiac spear into my inventories...right now i'm trying to get the different item codes...and when i do, i might post them here...wish me luck...lol...thx again...

3. Baradok

Baradok Member

hmm after studting hex editing values ive noticed areas where level might be recorded... though LP has yet to be discovered :(

23C9 definitely the location of the level number tested with three saves... level 1 level 10 and level 25.. numbers matched up though where the counter hex is im unsure.. aka exp bar

EDIT 2398 is LP number yet to be tested for counter but am positive of number

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  4. Baradok

Baradok Member

Alright it has been tested with previously stated hex numbers you can edit LP i have only done 99 LP not sure how to get more than 255 with max hex numbers though testing it is a long process as those who have done this know..

Level editing with previously stated have created a change in the number of your level but no stats at all

Edit: HP
    2251 is multiplier i believe as you will notice the health value for 2251 to change keep 2249 at 00... seems to work best in my studied

2398 is LP 2399 is the multiplier

Gil is 0008/0009

i will stop doing all these little posts lol and post all of them when i have them completed

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  5. biopsiste

biopsiste Member

6. bearclaw7

bearclaw7 Member

Im new to this forum, but the fact about being able to edit ps2 gamesaves caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone can help me in editing Need For Speed Underground 2. I want to increase my horse power and torque. Any help will be greatly appreciated

7. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

For NFS i dont think it would be possible to up your car power, maybe give you enough money to do it though. Stuff like that could appear as if you changed it (eg you edit your horse power and NFS says its higher) but your car would just run at the same speed it did before. Dunno just speculation, but it could work.

8. bearclaw7

bearclaw7 Member

I have seen people do it on the pc version. People have tryied to do the ps2 version but they keep getting a corruption when they try to load it back after they have edited it. They say it might be the checksum. But its very possible. I was just asking just in case people with expert knowledge with hex editing could lend a hand. Thanks for your reply

9. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

PC games are a lot easier to edit, customize and mod. But no doubt the guy who got FFX working might be able to have a look for you and maybe get it working.

10. bearclaw7

bearclaw7 Member

Yeah he seems to know what he is doing. I posted a message on the forum where he was at, but I haven't gotten an answer yet. I just don't understand anything about this hex editing thing. I don't even know where to edit, let alone checksum. I just hope someone can help me, Im getting tired of getting beat online. I just want to get a little upper hand. I have a 240 that has 581 hp and people still beat me