1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Hdd Loader, Very Cool App.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mikedutch, May 25, 2004.

1. mikedutch

mikedutch Member

"Utilizing exciting new technology, HDLoader allows you to install and run your Playstation 2™ games directly from a hard disk drive connected to your console (Sony PS2 Network adapter™ and compatible hard disk drive required).

Enhance Your Gaming Experience

The Playstation 2™ is capable of reading data from a hard disk drive much faster than it can read from a CD or DVD. Using HDLoader to run your games from a hard disk drive leads to significantly reduced game loading times. Never again will you need to endure painfully slow loading times which plague so many games!

HDLoader makes gaming more convenient by allowing you to store your games on a hard disk drive, eliminating the need to change discs each time you wish to play a different game.

Simple and Attractive Graphical Interface

HDLoader’s user interface is designed with simplicity in mind – boot up HDLoader and begin playing your games without wasting any time navigating through a complex user interface.

The intuitive user interface allows easy management of games currently installed on your hard disk drive. Add or remove games with the push of a button.

The interface is multi-lingual. Use HDLoader in your own language.

Excellent Compatibility

HDLoader offers excellent compatibility with your games – over 95% of games work flawlessly when running from your hard disk drive.

HDLoader is compatible with both standard IDE hard disk drives and the official Playstation 2™ hard disk drive."

Check out www.hdloader.com for more info.

I'm not sure where to buy it yet. They only have links for distributers on their site. If anyone knows where to buy this, that info would be much appreciated.

2. bigshogun

bigshogun Member

3. mikedutch

mikedutch Member

you da man!

4. Mekosan

Mekosan Member

after reading about this stuff you can just rent ANY ps1-2 game rip it on yer hdd and just play with faster loading time etc!?!

5. mikedutch

mikedutch Member

no, that would be piracy :)

6. Mekosan

Mekosan Member

oh i mean like rent a game you already bought and like... :) umm yeah then copy the rented one so you dont hert your real copy just incase :S hehe (i am too cool)

7. bigshogun

bigshogun Member

"oh i mean like rent a game you already bought and like... :) umm yeah then copy the rented one so you dont hert your real copy just incase :S hehe (i am too cool) "

this type of COOLNESS will get you banned. its illegal to make copies/backup of thing you dont own ie rent/download etc.

8. billz

billz Active member

very intresting, can you play online with games on hd?
    anybody know?

9. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

Nope, the DNAS check will not pass.

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

if and i mean IF this thing proves that it works.... i wonder if it can move the data from the disk to the hd.. that would be great.... but my question is more of how will it copy a game with non seen data aka Final Fantasy X and X-2.... and another question why so cheap?... o n did it come out yet?...

11. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

no, it comes out next month. Thats what it does, store data from the DVD to the HDD. They probably price it cheap because, and I'm thinking logically, most people outside of the legal use of backups, aka a big majority of the potential buyers, will pirate the software if its too expensive. I would get it except for it doesnt play online and some games aren't compatible, so I changed my mind. faster loading times isn't worth the 70 dollars it would cost me to get it all working. If they fix the problems I'll probably get it.

12. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i dont really mind spending $40 for new adapter as for hdd i can use one of my old ones got plenty of them including 120GB... i probably wont buy it ill test THEN buy... i dont really trust this kind of things...

13. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

The old ones with just the ethernet work (but it said its iffy). I was looking for a spare HDD in an old comp of mine and to my dismay it was 4.3, hardly the 40 min.

14. boy141

boy141 Member

you know... i was wondering....

could you "backup" the HDLOADER and store it at your friend's house and would it work if the PS2 is modded? might be around suprnova....... come on june, harry potter is coming and now this, amazing!

15. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

thats what intend to do i aint gonna buy this... and its probably gonna work as a backup...

16. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

thats awesome so i can just take a a hdd i have laying around and use it in my ps2 once i get that software...which brings me to my next question, how do i get the software?

17. bigshogun

bigshogun Member

FYI GUYS
    I asked their tech suppport and this is the response i got:

Quoting Bigshoguns

> Do you need a modchip for Hdloader? and What if one has a modchip will
    > HDLoader still work?
    >
    >
    > thanks,
    > Bigshoguns
    >

no modchip is needed and yes work if a modchips install but if game dos not look
    like originals disk it will not let you install...

Regards,
    HDLoader Support Staff
    http://www.hdloader.com/

18. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

This sounds like much more of a hassle then its worth. I store my originals in my storage place, incase they are worth more in the future i want them in mint condition. thats why i use backups, so why cant they have it read backups? it reduces loading time, but the hour or so it takes to read the game in the first place sounds like fun... you need the network adapter to use this, so wouldnt one come to the conclusion that that person likes to play online....the cons outweigh the pros in my opinion.

19. bigshogun

bigshogun Member

good point ender /\/\/\

But i bought the network card to use the hdd in the first place. i was under the impression that once ps2 is modded the hdd will automaticly work like xbox wint the hddtool supplied by ps2ownz.com but it dint. much more programing and headache is involved. i played 1 game online so far. Knockout kings and wasn't fond of it. but Socom 2 is wat i wanna try next.

so ur point is partically tru, but not all netowrk card buys are online fantics.

my 2 cnets..lol..

i dotn mean to flame u dawg

O yeah i think its a buncha bs that it wont read backups. I think they are trying to Cover Their @$$ so they can't get caught trying to sell a hacked version legitimately. any one feel me on this one????

20. boy141

boy141 Member

From Ps2ownz.com:

"Update: HD Loader shipping has been delayed until June 11th, read below for further details. Also, we've been told by an inside source that HD Loader utilizes STRONG anti-piracy protection... so things will be interesting indeed over the next few weeks! "

So let's think about it.... HD Loader people are doing something somewhat illegal to exploit the HDD while they are keeping us from making "backups" of the "expensive HD LOADER TOOL." Any thoughts? I thought I would like to share how ass-o-nine they are. fools.