1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Hdd Loader, Very Cool App.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mikedutch, May 25, 2004.

1. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you need a mod chip to play a copied version of hd loader. no mod needed for the original.

2. hdloader

hdloader Member

"Games on DVD-9 media are currently unsupported by HDLoader." -hdloader.com

when do you think they will make a new hdloader that will allow for loading DVD-9 games?

does anyone know if the following games will be on DVD-9 discs:

street racing syndicate
    need for speed underground 2
    nhl 2005
    madden 2005
    gran turismo 4
    tony hawk's underground 2
    dead to rights 2

thanks

3. navi95

navi95 Regular member

no idea if they are but all i no GTA San Andres is gonna b on DVD-9 :(

4. Haier

Haier Member

Yeah, tis a shame, I've got no problem with purchasing San Andreas (they should be supported for making such great games) - but having the game on Hard Drive would've been so much better, I know SA supposedly has an advanced streaming method to load maps on-the-fly, but I doubt it'll perform anywhere near as well as it could've from a harddrive.

5. hdloader

hdloader Member

"on this whole DVD9 thing... i installed xenosaga on the hdd as an original and if you start a new game it doesn't work, but if you load a saved game it works just fine. so all you have to do for this game to work is play the game from the DVD the normal way until you get to a save point. then on the hdloader load it and it works. "

someone posted this earlier, can anyone confirm this??? cause i really want to play san andreas on my HDD.

6. snake_eye

snake_eye Member

Hi,

I'm buying a used maxtor 120hdd, do i need to set it to a specific jumper setting at the back, or do i not need to bother about this?

thanks

7. Haier

Haier Member

Must set it to Master.
    I have a Maxtor 120gb and it works great :)

8. Dabbler77

Dabbler77 Member

I can confirm that the Xenosaga DVD-9 games does not work. I ripped mine and it only copied 4 gigs of the data plus it doesn't boot up at all.

9. kelite

kelite Member

can someone share HDloader with Kazaa, pLease? thanks

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

stop asking for it... breaking the rules will result in a ban...

11. solidsnk

solidsnk Member

hi this is a great forum and i have got a lot of info from it but i have two questions for u guys

1) i have hdloader on my ps2 and i put some games on there already and it copied them just fine the menus wwork and all that stuff works but when i go to play the games it just shows the games name or it goes to a black screen can anyone help me with this please.

2) and i hope i dont get banned for this but i've heard some people here say that u can run hd loader from a memory card can anyone explain how u do this

thanks

12. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

I would like to ask other people who have the hdloader mem card(DMS3) program to start sharing it with other people. I have sent it to at least 100 people and they keep e-mailing me. Also, when I do send it, could I at least get a thank you? The only time I here back from people is if the have a problem and need help.

13. Pengolod

Pengolod Member

Ok I have a few questions and I'm a newb so I hope u guys can help me out... I bought a Maxtor 120GB HDD for my PS2 to use with HD Loader... I haven't received HD Loader from the website where I ordered it yet, but I went ahead and hooked the HDD up to the Network Adapter and installed it into my PS2.. here is my problem, how do I tell if my HDD is working correctly?? When I go into the browser, all I see is my mem cards and whatever disc I have in the PS2.. I don't see the HDD anywhere... do I have to have HD Loader in order to install my HDD? How can I tell if my HDD is working with the Network Adapter correctly?

14. navi95

navi95 Regular member

the ps2 cannot "see" the hard drive because its not an official item, so u will not b able 2 know if ur hdd works properly until u receive ur copy of HDloader.

15. Pengolod

Pengolod Member

Thanks for the reply Navi95... how does the PS2 detect the official Sony HDD with FFXI on it?? I don't have one, but does it come with a disc or something so you can install it?? If so, can I use that disc to install my HDD if I haven't gotten HD Loader yet??

16. navi95

navi95 Regular member

i dunno bout that since i havent got FFXI but im sure sum1 else can answer that 4 ya.

my guess is that there is a boot disk for FFXI to run the game off the hdd, but like i said its just a guess.

17. HunterDan

HunterDan Member

GAMEPHOENIX,another prepaid customer would like to know
    why you can play on forums and not handle business?
    I paid for a system and sent several emails,nada,
    D.A. california

18. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

I usually e-mail everyone back. But I get so damn many that yours may have been lost in all the"can i get the hdloader bin/cue file e-mails. I'll double check and make sure I reply to you.

19. QN52

QN52 Member

I just have a quick question about HDLoader.

I am looking into getting it and a 3rd party drive, however...will games that actually use the HDD be playable in the same manner?

ie ESPN football will use the HDD to allow viewing of replays during the halftime show, with a 3rd party drive...will this be affected? Will it still work, or because the PS2 doesnt "recognize" it, will it not work at all??

Any info on this?

20. The_Id

The_Id Member

Right. So I got this thing about a week back, and a buddy of mine works at this place in Springfield called Game X Change... So I went in there and just started grabbing games off the shelf (used), and throwing them onto my hardrive while we all played zelda 4 swords together.

Outside of chapter 4 of norrath, xenosaga, and klonoa, this thing works great. No problems, quick loads, and I have no mod chip installed.

Just wanted to throw a "bump" message with mass.