1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Hdd Loader, Very Cool App.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mikedutch, May 25, 2004.

1. ameritech

ameritech Member

That software is still available from here http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/ps2-hdlu.html

The whole idea seems like a waste, why put all that work to your PlayStation 2 console, when there are emulators that allow you to play those games on your personal computer, and even possibly off your PC's hard drive. Besides PS2 games loading time is not even a big issue, but the original PlayStation loading time granted is what this product should be made for. Mortal Kombat Trilogy was owful due to CD-ROM loading time. This type of product should be designed for older CD consoles, that would often choke trying to play CD-ROM games, i.e. Sega CD.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]________________________________________________

Toasty![/small]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2004
  2. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

There is yet to be a fully working emulator for ps2 on PC. There are some in the Dev stages but they are hardly functional. Thats why people like the HDloader idea. You don't have to switch games all the time, and loading times are still an issue with many games on PS2.

3. zincy

zincy Member

For those who still need the hdloader mem card DMS3, i am willing to share.... just email me
    and thanks daphoenix for sharing

4. gamerx

gamerx Member

what hard drive is everyone using because i have bought already 3 different hdd and the hd loader says that they are not detected. i need the model number and the series number for the hdd. any help would be great.

5. altern8

altern8 Member

i have a maxtor 40gig in mine ... i heard maxtor is the best route since everyone is having such great success with them ...

on a side note, im pretty new to PS2 ripping but from what i understand, all i need to do is use dvd decrypter on default setting and it will capture a ISO of the PS2 dvd ... then i use WinHIIP to copy the image onto the drive, is that correct? sounds too easy ...

6. gamerx

gamerx Member

the maxtor i used is a DiamondMax Plus 9 120GB ATA/133 HDD. it didnt work.

7. cliffy88

cliffy88 Regular member

You do have the jumping settings set to master right...most hard drives when you buy them are set to cable select. All you do in look to see which two pins are master and you move the thing on the back. Its normally back and is on two pins. I hope that helps you.

8. gamerx

gamerx Member

yes i did switch it to master. i did with the other three hdd that i bought. hey cliffy which hdd are you using?

9. croiseti

croiseti Member

Hi guys, about the HDD compatibility... there is a link in the infomodchip.com HD Loader review that shows a list of PS2-compatible HDDs.

10. gamerx

gamerx Member

that is the list that i have checked several times. maybe there is something wrong with the ps2 or modem adapter. on my modem adapter the connections where the hdd go are all loose. are they supposed to be that way?

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

all you need is dvd decrypter. it can rip and burn.
    mode-iso-read
    mode-iso-write

12. cliffy88

cliffy88 Regular member

I heard something about some of the old network adapters couldn't support some hds. I have a seagate. I hope you get that work, its great.

13. apocone

apocone Member

I just got the Hdd Loader and a 120GB harddrive. I have backed up several games but have some questions.

1. Where is the modes section?
    2. I am trying to back-up Tony Hawk Underground ( a very scratched disk) and I keep getting an error when I am coping it to the harddrive. On a Hdd Loader compatibility list it says that I need to set it to mode 3,is that the problem or is the disk is in too bad of shape?

14. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

highlight the game and hit select to get to modes. tony hawk is too scratched up.

15. LLSMUVG

LLSMUVG Member

I have a 120 gig maxtor hd. I have a cracked copy of hdloader. i've formatted the drive. 3times. and have had luck installing games (2) 1.NCAA football 2005 (nT)
    2. Driver3 (nt)
    My problem is that when i select the game off of the hard drive, after booting through the hdloader cd-r, the screen turns black and that's all it does. (not using swap method)
    Please somebody help me..i'm losing sleep.
    thanks.
    ps. i did download that copy of (Free hdloader about 3weeks ago, before it became no more.)

16. cliffy88

cliffy88 Regular member

I had the same problem...one I just needed to wait, some games took 45 seconds to load. And two I installed it onto my memory card and it worked a lot faster. Im not sure why though.

17. LLSMUVG

LLSMUVG Member

Don't worry i found out my mistakes. I forgot to switch the modes for these games. by hitting "select' at the selection screen in HD Loader.
    I believe most EA sports games need to be on "mode 3"
    thanks for not flaming.

Ps. the only problem now is that i can't get online.
    my PS2 says: ERROR "No supported network adaptor detected. You will not be able to access the online features of this title."

Somebody got some info on this... PM me or direct me to the right info..please and thanks.

18. Haier

Haier Member

Regarding your scratched disk, polish it with T-Cut, works wonders - it has a very fine abrasive in it that cuts a layer from the top of the DVD (taking the scratches with it) - I've used it several times with great success.

19. Phlynks

Phlynks Guest

zincy

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would like the Memory Card Exploit...

Thanks in advance.

20. zincy

zincy Member

pm me with ur addy