1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Hdd Loader, Very Cool App.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mikedutch, May 25, 2004.

1. Hood_Rich

Hood_Rich Member

HDAdvance or HDLoader? which will allow you to transfer backups to the Hard Drive with a mod chip?

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

Both will work with modchip and yes you could put SNES onto the hd but won't be able to read roms from hd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS2 Modded//160 GB HDD//Free HD loader//Action Replay Max Evo//USB Cooling Fan//
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

3. scarface.

scarface. Member

i only found out about this whole ps2 hdd stuff this morning, i have a few quesions, but please answer me if i'm wrong.

1. you don't need a chip, unless you want to transfer backup games to the hdd.

2. i only need a maxtor hdd, a network adapter & a hdloader or hdadvance disc.

3. games copy just fine from originals but require a swap magic or modchip to transfer backup games.

4. it mentions all games have to be in a certain mode before they will boot from the hdd, but can they be set just the once, or do they have to be set every time. cause i have young kids and i think it will be quite confusing for them to have to swap the mode every time a game with a different mode is to be loaded, so can it be set to 3 for a certain game and say mode 1 for another. what i'm asking is can the mode be master set for each game or does it have to be set each time i play it. ?

5. also no support for dual layer games, but can't these games be ripped from a dvd drive in a pc and stripped of all the bollocks, like we used to do with the dvd games that were burned to cd-r ? i'm aware a chip or swap magic is then needed to transfer the game to the hdd. has anyone tried this ?

6. can the hdloader or hdadvance be removed from the ps2 disc drive after it boots the game, does the laser stop ?

7. i read that ripped from a pc it is faster than being ripped from the ps2 drive, can the pc be linked to the ps2 via usb as the ps2 has 2 usb ports, using a certain software ?

i like the idea of no discs for the kids to scratch, and faster loading times.

thanks.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"say hello to my little friend"[/small]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  4. ewto16

ewto16 Member

1. Right. There are other ways around this, I think, but don't know what they are.

2. Maxtor is the most compatable, and all the stuff you listed is correct.

3. Yep, see #1

4. You can assign a mode to a game and it is saved with that game. One game can be 3, another 1 and it will be saved for each game.

5. Yep, that is how you do it.

6. Once the game is on HDwhatever, you don't need the DVD in the drive at all.

7. There are ways to link the PS2 to your PC via your home network. I don't really understand how to do it though.

5. scarface.

scarface. Member

thanks ewto.

6. ryudee

ryudee Member

is there ever going to be any up dates 4 the hard dive loaders bcz its pretty basic at the moement.

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

theres a new hack that lets you use bigger hard drives (up to 2 terabytes i think), it is in beta stage at the moment.

8. ryudee

ryudee Member

wot about software which would allow you to put music on there or sumthing