1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 iso problem Cant anyone help me?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by FEELSBATMAN07, Sep 12, 2010.

1. FEELSBATMAN07

FEELSBATMAN07 Member

i need help i have a moded PS2 and i wanted to play a game which only came up in japan.... so i download the iso; then i patch it with ESR patcher( my friend told me i needed to patch it so that it will play in the PS2) and finally i burned it to a dvd-r at 4x speed using imgburn.... when i put the burned ISO into the PS2 it acts like its going to play but then fades to black( it still spins but nothing happens). i wana know if im missing something to play it. since its the first time i try this. my other friend has the same game and he uses a hacked memory-card to play it. but my friend( another one) says that i dint need a hack/moded memory card..... what else do i need???? i really wana play that game.... what else can i do?

2. Bfiggs

Bfiggs Member

I didnt necessarily use ESR patcher I dont even no what that is but I do use swap magic and that works fine for me. If the game is burned properly using image burn or DVD Decryptor then you should be able to play the game using swap magic. I use it in conjunction with the flip top cover on my ps2 slim SCPH-70001, hope this helped.

3. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Is your PS2 PAL or NTSC?

And depending upon how your PS2 is modded? Do you have modchip, or just fmcb 1.8 installed to memory card?

4. kasrtej44

kasrtej44 Member

hey i have the same problem. I have one ISO and two mdf but they don't work at all, the ps2 is ntsc u/c and the label the ISO has is PAL/NTSC while the mdf are NTSC-j. is there anything I can do to play those games?

thnx