1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 laser lens KHS-400B or KHS-400C??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by demidio, Oct 27, 2007.

1. demidio

demidio Member

I have a V1 USA PS2 with Matrix modchip. It's original laser lens was a KHS-400B and I need to replace it.

I've read a lot and still can conclude what it the best part for my console.

Sellers say that you should replace the older KHS-400B by KHS-400C, because it more reliable. I don't know for sure because most of them doesn't have the old KHS-400B for sell, just the KHS-400C.

Many people say that you should stay with the original laser lens. Because if you change you have to made some adjustments.

I really don't know what to do...

Is the KHS-400C really more reliable? If I replace it, I'll have to do a lot of adjustments (like cog adjustments, or azimuth...)?

Thanks a lot

2. drklrd1

drklrd1 Member

I replaced my V-4 (unmodded) with a KHS-400C. it originally was a B laser.
    I didn't change any setting at all, just simply swapped the laser and it works fine. You MAY have to adjust the laser up/down but it is easy to do.
    Which is more reliable? Ask yourself these questions:
    How long have you had your V1? (I have had my V4 for seven years, pretty reliable for me).
    How long do you want it to last?
    How long before you switch to another console?
    Hope this helps

3. demidio

demidio Member

You have a point and I agree, my PS2 has 7 years. But what sellers say is that 400C is more reliable because all laser lens are refurbish and, I don't know why, in this case 400C is more reliable than 400B.

But if you replace a 400B using a 400C and did't have to change anything, I think 400C maybe the best choice.