1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 MEMORY CARD TO PC DATA PEN ( MEMORY STICK )

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, Nov 5, 2004.

1. TomKatCF

TomKatCF Member

CODEBREAKER v10 update

I don't know if this will help. However, with the craze of digital photography, some of you may have what you need.

I tried the Sandisk Cruzer 128MB and it didn't work. I made sure of the proper format, etc... After 8hrs of trying to figure it out (2:45AM EST), my frustrations lead me to try other USB devices that I have around my house for transferring digital photography files. One of those items is a Lexar Card reader with a Sandisk Extreme 3 8GB CompactFlash Card.

...It worked.

I also have tried the Sandisk 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB cards with the card reader. The all work great.

I tried a Western Digital 320 GB External Hard Drive that would work, but it would corrupt the data INSTANTLY. Codebreaker would read the files as being around 4GB

Just thought I would throw this out there, as an option, for those whom are trying to transfer codebreaker save game files from computer to memory card.

2. nevernow

nevernow Member

Does anyone happen to have the elf of Max Memory Manager version 3.36 (comes with the latest AR MAX CD)? I need to format my 64MB Max Memory card but apparently older versions of the Manager can not deal with it properly.
    Thanks in advance.

3. huldu

huldu Guest

Well the thing is you cant see anything but savegames in AR MAX. The question i had was *if* you somehow could launch an application from either the USB pen drive or the MC. But since i dont know how to copy DATA (not savegames) from USB Pen to MC it makes everything quite difficult. Even if i figured out how to do it, how would i run the application from the memory card...

PGEN1-2 is the Genesis PS2 emulator you see, not a savegame^^

The crap didnt work on my DVD so not gonna waste more DVD's trying to get it to work. Id rather just try to launch the application (.elf) from the PS2 to see if it even works. But the question is how the heck...

4. lnwlf2181

lnwlf2181 Member

now is this true for the ps2 slim or just the old console

5. TomKatCF

TomKatCF Member

I tried it on a 'fatty'(SCPH-30001).

6. heavencat

heavencat Member

I have AR Max, which is bought couple years ago as used. now, I try to copy my gamesaves onto USB pen drive using it. but it won't recognize my USB flash drive, the USB is not listed in AR Max device menu. I wondered if my USB port does't work properly, since I have a USB mouse connected (for testing only) as well, when PS2 powers up, the mouse light is on, but after AR Max cd loads, mouse light goes off. my PS2 model number is 39001. does anyone have problem with USB port on this model? also, if some version of AR Max doesn't support USB? mine I recalled is v3.x and came with a 8MB MC, but need to double check the version when I'm home and report back here. thanks in advance.

7. heavencat

heavencat Member

my AR Max is version 3.06, so can anyone tells if it supports USB or not? thanks.

8. TomKatCF

TomKatCF Member

Codebreaker 8.0 (and above) and Action Replay Max 3.30 (and above) are CONFIRMED to support the USB feature. Make sure to check the box for this feature, old versions of each are still sold.

9. TomKatCF

TomKatCF Member

Codebreaker 8.0 (and above) and Action Replay Max 3.30 (and above) are CONFIRMED to support the USB feature. Make sure to check the box for this feature, old versions of each are still sold.

10. heavencat

heavencat Member

Yes, I got CodeBreaker 10.0 yesterday, and it works. Thanks.

11. marcolisi

marcolisi Member

Hello guys, is there anyone of u that tried if the ps2 is compatiblke with 1 gb or 2 gb pendrive ??
    I have a sandisk 2 gb and I always get the error writing problem...even thried the hp formatting program by with no luck

Any help please??
    thank u

12. affgaan

affgaan Member

13. Andri82

Andri82 Member

somebody please explain how to use this HOT STUFF

14. affgaan

affgaan Member

after checking it out, it seems that it needs naplink-like cable. It uses "ps2client" to upload code to PS2.
    Currently it doesn't seem to have any other way.
    But i think it has a hd manager (Hd Project) which is able to save to hdd (which needs networkcard ,which i don't have to try it out :( )

15. affgaan

affgaan Member

Oh, i meant that you are able to load HD Project from Mc, flash ,cd/dvd etc. but i could make it to save to mass:/ (it didn't show up:( ), only hdd:/

16. dj2perzyk

dj2perzyk Member

Hi everyone, I have a quick question...

Lets say I have AR Max and a flash drive,

I know that you can take saves on the memory card and transfer them to a flash drive, but could I take a file from the flash drive and transfer it to the PS2 memory card?

Thank you to whoever answers!