1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Mod Chips

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by KungFu123, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Glitched

Glitched Guest

whats ARM and Pnp??

2. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

ARM= Action Replay Max

Pnp=?

3. midnite00

midnite00 Member

PnP = Plug and Play

4. midnite00

midnite00 Member

I had a PnP no Solder ModChip. I got it from modchip.com which I understand is a VERY reputable company...

5. midnite00

midnite00 Member

I don't think m Swap Magic discs are real. I load them up and they read as Action Replay. Is this what is supposed to happen?

6. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Dude you gotta stop tripple posting 1 more time and a mod will most lickly ban you, ok so just put the chip in and tell me how it wrks:)

7. midnite00

midnite00 Member

I already tried to install it. I totally ruined my PS2. I'm not going that route again. It was supposed to be easy, but I messed up my Eject/Reset cable and I don't know what else. I'm trying to go the most lamer proof way.

8. Glitched

Glitched Guest

well y dont you try to tape the switch cables back!! IT works for a lot of people trust me

9. midnite00

midnite00 Member

I didn't rip it. I mangled it. I'm a bit of a butter fingers. Kinda funny cause I'm an artist, supposed to be good with my hands. But nope, not at all. Anyways, I'd rather have someone else do it for me. Maybe I could bride a repair shop into doing it for me. We do have a few of those.

10. Glitched

Glitched Guest

lol
    how would they know how to do everthing in the ps2?I say u get swap magic saves you time and monney!!!

11. midnite00

midnite00 Member

LoL, I just sold 2 sets of Swap magic 3.3 on Ebay. I have one 3.0 CD Version Disc left...I think it's legit too :)

12. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Why axactly did you sell them??

13. midnite00

midnite00 Member

I've had them for a couple of years and never used them. Well never got them to work anyways. Didn't I tell You. I broke a PS2 Drive tray trying to swap. It wasn't even the prep work, it was the actual retreal of the tray for swapping. Lame.

14. midnite00

midnite00 Member

Hehe, I just called a Repair Shop in JAX and they hung up on me after I said Mod...the bastards. Like I'd wanna drive over an hour to a store I've never heard of before anyways :) I called another one and she informed me that it was illegal after she played dumb for a minute. For the biggest City in the Country Jacksonville sure does suck.

15. Glitched

Glitched Guest

well do you have a china town there? those places are full of mods

16. midnite00

midnite00 Member

I really don't know. I don't think so. Jacksonville is kinda a Hick place. It's big, but it's not very developed. It's so big because of the lack of development. Alot of trees and stuff. I think I'll check it out though. My sister should know. She works in Jacksonville, downtown even. But she's such a b most of the time. She actually owes me some money right now.

17. Glitched

Glitched Guest

lol
    y dont you just but a pre modded system, that will work good

18. midnite00

midnite00 Member

I don't have a job. Where do you think I'm gonna get $300 from? Under the couch pillows? It was pretty funny though. "Do you Mod<Click>". Didn't even get the whole question out. Think I'm gonna try to use the slide card thing again. I needed to buy a slide card anyways. I'll just be more careful this time, not so forceful.

19. Glitched

Glitched Guest

dont risk it sell your ps2s on ebay get your dough from you sis and buy the goddam ps2,lol

20. midnite00

midnite00 Member

Sell what PS2 on Ebay. I already sold the last broken one, I need to work on my selling skills or something to increase my profit. Only made $30 + S/H. I can't hold onto money, my Econ teacher wasn't very good. He told us , "Money's main purpose is to be spent." So that's what I do with it. I should have just finished college like all my friends... bleh :p