1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Mod Chips

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by KungFu123, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

You could unsuscribe to this thread and check it daily. You can find Apache 2 here under downloads: http://www.backuptools.co.uk/ You do have to register with that site, but it's free. I couldn't find a site that had it and didn't require registration. Oh well, it's better than nothing.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  2. midnite00

midnite00 Member

I just cancelled the MSN Mobile alert. That's to much crap for me, having my phone beeping all day long. And I found that link already, thanks.Now I get to figure out how to use it in 15mins before I go to church.

3. midnite00

midnite00 Member

Well, huhn, it's been like 24 hours since the last post so I'm gonna say something anyway. I got Atelier Iris to work by getting rid of the huge Dummy file. I can't seem to get Graffiti Kingdom to work though...Oh well, don't like it that much anyways.

Now I have everything I need to try out the Independence Exploit...Just need to wait until my nephew is gone.

4. Glitched

Glitched Guest

omg stop double posting plz edit your post

5. midnite00

midnite00 Member

Sorry, I did not know how to edit my posts, but I do now and I will be sure to do that. I've got my fliptop installed now and I didn't even need the spare ribbon cable. I don't think it was even the problem in my last PS2. But anyways now I have a spiffy black and blue PS2.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

midnite00 - please stop with tons of posts, if you remember something you had to say after you hit the reply button, just go back and edit it into the last post you made, it's much easier on everyone's eyeballs!

7. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Just curious Midnite, why bother with the independence exploit when you have SMD 3.6 and a flip top? I have come across an increasingly large number of people who want to get both to work. You only need one of them to boot your backups and imports. A number of people have had issues getting the exploit to load properly. Isn't the whole point of SMD so you don't have to trifle with such things?

8. midnite00

midnite00 Member

I was just curious and I had a spare PS2 coming in...but apparently Glitched was right, cause that thing is broken. It doesn't power on at all. I replaced the eject/reset cable, replaced the power board fuse, checked the wires. Anything other than that is beyond my abilities. So I'm selling it on Ebay... :) But I wanted to see if I could get it to work and see how it worked. All that fun stuff, see if I could swap without a fliptop.

9. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yeah from what I've read the exploits tend to be a pain in the rectum. Stick with Swap Magic lol.

10. midnite00

midnite00 Member

Yes, they are. I got it running, the working part is the problem. It just doesn't want to recognize anything besides the PS/PS2 disc. Fun fun :p